Compatibility difference between 0.16 and 0.15 ver

• helic
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #1 by helic Compatibility difference between 0.16 and 0.15 ver was created by helic
This is a technical, not practical, issue that I've found in Reshade 0.16. I like to use Radeonpro mainly for its FPS counter and some general tweaks. When I play L.A. Noire DX11 with Reshade 0.15 everything works fine (Reshade+MasterEffects+Radeonpro), shader effects are applied after RadeonPro (visible in its FPS counter) and Triple buffering is activated by Reshade. This doesn't happen anymore with 0.16 version (no crashing, no shaders and only Radeonpro overlay working). It's not a real problem because I can play the game without Radeonpro and execute Fraps (i like that kind of FPS counter), but i put this information for Crosire, maybe a new compatibility issue with other injectors? Here are the tracelogs for dxgi.dll, without .fx files applied for a smaller size, everything with Windows 8.1:

L.A. Noire DX11+Reshade 0.16+Radeonpro (not working): pastebin.com/YKFGsBfC
L.A. Noire DX11+Reshade 0.16 without Radeonpro (working): pastebin.com/eyjdmzQx
L.A. Noire DX11+Reshade 0.15+Radeonpro (working): pastebin.com/KPwiqNCk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JPulowski
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic Compatibility difference between 0.16 and 0.15 ver
If you need a fps counter, ReShade 0.16 already has one. Open "...\SweetFX\Global_settings.txt" file with a text editor and change "ReShade_ShowFPS" to "1".

• helic
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by helic Replied by helic on topic Compatibility difference between 0.16 and 0.15 ver
I know, thank you. I use Radeonpro's FPS counter because can be toggled on/off (like Fraps). Also, Radeonpro is the only way to force triple buffering in some games under Windows 8.1 (Alien Isolation for example). As I said, this particular case is not a problem because triple buffering in LA Noire DX 11 works with Reshade and not RadeonPro. I've just wanted to report that this behaviour has changed in Reshade 0.16. Would be perfect that someday Reshade can force triple buffering in Dx11 games and upcoming Windows 10, and get rid of the discontinuous RP.

PS: Big fan of your paint shader.

• Kleio420
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Compatibility difference between 0.16 and 0.15 ver

helic wrote: I know, thank you. I use Radeonpro's FPS counter because can be toggled on/off (like Fraps). Also, Radeonpro is the only way to force triple buffering in some games under Windows 8.1 (Alien Isolation for example). As I said, this particular case is not a problem because triple buffering in LA Noire DX 11 works with Reshade and not RadeonPro. I've just wanted to report that this behaviour has changed in Reshade 0.16. Would be perfect that someday Reshade can force triple buffering in Dx11 games and upcoming Windows 10, and get rid of the discontinuous RP.

PS: Big fan of your paint shader.

doesnt fake fullscreen mode allow triple buffering through windows ? i thought it did as long as the game supported that and true fullscreen mode might be wrong

• helic
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by helic Replied by helic on topic Compatibility difference between 0.16 and 0.15 ver
You're right, but performance is slightly worse. I remember that Ryse had massive fps drops due to the default borderless window and the fix was to change to fullscreen mode in a config file.

• aufkrawall
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #6 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic Compatibility difference between 0.16 and 0.15 ver
In borderless/windowed mode, DWM forbids games to allocate the last few hundred MBs of VRAM.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.