Stuck in a compiling loop...

• GrijzePilion
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #1 by GrijzePilion Stuck in a compiling loop... was created by GrijzePilion
So I've been playing Cities:Skylines lately and as with all games I regularly play, I use ReShade with it. Now Cities:Skylines had an update today, and now ReShade no longer works. It compiles and does so successfully, but then immediately compiles again at the next frame. This puts about 5 seconds between every frame the game outputs.

Here's the weird thing - this has only started happening today, and it doesn't happen on all presets. How come that 1) an update to a game can bork an external program and 2) how come some presets work and others don't?

Thanks
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by GrijzePilion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GrijzePilion
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #2 by GrijzePilion Replied by GrijzePilion on topic Stuck in a compiling loop...
*bump*

• crosire
More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Stuck in a compiling loop...
Sounds like a longstanding bug ReShade has with some OpenGL games. AFAIK Cities: Skylines is a Unity game and you can force those to render with DirectX with the command-line option "-force-d3d9" or "-force-d3d11" which should solve this.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.