Reshade doesn't work with Wolfenstein II.

• budyll
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #1 by budyll Reshade doesn't work with Wolfenstein II. was created by budyll
Hi,

I just got to playing Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and Reshade simply refuses to work. Just last month I've finished the newest DOOM which is using the same game engine like Wolfenstein II and Reshade worked flawlessly with it.
Is there any roeason for it not working at all in Wolfenstein II? It's especially annoying as no matter what TV settings I use the game have some sort of "foggy" filter to graphics and it looks terribly washed out.
Any help would be much appreciated :). Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlueSkyKnight
More
6 years 5 months ago #2 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Reshade doesn't work with Wolfenstein II.

budyll wrote: Hi,

I just got to playing Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and Reshade simply refuses to work. Just last month I've finished the newest DOOM which is using the same game engine like Wolfenstein II and Reshade worked flawlessly with it.
Is there any roeason for it not working at all in Wolfenstein II? It's especially annoying as no matter what TV settings I use the game have some sort of "foggy" filter to graphics and it looks terribly washed out.
Any help would be much appreciated :). Thanks in advance.

This is due to the new API used in the game called Vulkan. Reshade can't Hook into this yet.

• budyll
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by budyll Replied by budyll on topic Reshade doesn't work with Wolfenstein II.
Ok, but then how is it working in DOOM then? I ran DOOM in Vulkan mode and it was working perfectly fine. Just last month.

• demolisher
More
6 years 5 months ago #4 by demolisher Replied by demolisher on topic Reshade doesn't work with Wolfenstein II.
This game also supports opengl with +r_renderapi 0

• crosire
More
6 years 5 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade doesn't work with Wolfenstein II.
DOOM likely uses Vulkan in a compatibility mode, where Vulkan is used for rendering, but the final image is displayed to the screen using OpenGL. ReShade can work with that since OpenGL is involved somewhere. Wolfenstein likely uses pure Vulkan, which ReShade can no longer work with.

• hcracker32
More
6 years 5 months ago #6 by hcracker32 Replied by hcracker32 on topic Reshade doesn't work with Wolfenstein II.
Sorry for my bad englisch :D (text translater)

Just what is similar like Reshade for Vulkan in work? Or is there an alternative one?

iam soo sad thats Reshade dont work with Wolfenstein II :(

greetzzz

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.