Max Payne 2 no longer working with Reshade 3

• kaicooper
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #1 by kaicooper Max Payne 2 no longer working with Reshade 3 was created by kaicooper
hi guys
MP2 working fine with very old Reshade+Sweetfx build
how to make it work with Reashe 3?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lowenz
More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Max Payne 2 no longer working with Reshade 3

• lowenz
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #3 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Max Payne 2 no longer working with Reshade 3
Tested now.
With the modded files you can find @the link.

MP2 works perfectly with:
*dgVoodoo2 (last WIP)
*ReShade 3.1
*widescreen mod (use the name dinput.dll, NOT dinput8.dll for thirteenAG ASI injector)

PNG:
[img
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by lowenz.

• crosire
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Max Payne 2 no longer working with Reshade 3
ReShade 3 no longer comes with its d3d8to9 converter build in, so you need to install it separately. Either use DgVoodoo2 or d3d8to9 (which became really powerful in the last months due to open source contributions: github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases ).
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by crosire.

• lowenz
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #5 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Max Payne 2 no longer working with Reshade 3
About Max Payne ONE (+dgVoodoo2) dxgi.dll can't hook anymore the process. d3d11.dll can. In Max Payne TWO there's no problem with dxgi.dll (see the screenshot avove).

Any explanation?

• kaicooper
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #6 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic Max Payne 2 no longer working with Reshade 3

lowenz wrote: Tested now.
With the modded files you can find @the link.

MP2 works perfectly with:
*dgVoodoo2 (last WIP)
*ReShade 3.1
*widescreen mod (use the name dinput.dll, NOT dinput8.dll for thirteenAG ASI injector)

PNG:

i did tried Reshade 3.1.0 dxgi and copied MS files to the game ..nothing working ..i just see dgVoodoo2 in the game but Reshade not working
sick of this...details plz
or at least make a zip folder with the files

thanx
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by kaicooper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lowenz

• lowenz
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #7 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Max Payne 2 no longer working with Reshade 3
It's a bit convoluted.
You need the files @link above: www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51579 -> Max Payne 2 subfolder
You need dgVoodoo2 (2.54) - put D3D8.dll in the Max Payne 2 root, you'll see dgvoodoo2 logo in-game
You need ReShade (dxgi.dll or d3d11.dll)

Or you can use Crosire's wrapper d3d8->9 and use d3d9.dll for ReShade

• Lemmi
More
5 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #8 by Lemmi Replied by Lemmi on topic Max Payne 2 no longer working with Reshade 3
Hello,

Here is a bit different method that worked for me. It integrate Widescreenfix and the Startup Hang Patch and work with Reshade 3.

The only problem I still can't fix is the mouse with the Reshade interface. It move the camera in-game and get stuck in the middle, but your can load and edit with a note pad the preset and it work.

I made a patch with my preset, download it, copy the file to your game folder and just put you preset instead (and edit the d3d9.ini to link it to your right game directory)

!!!! Updated version for Reshade 4 :
www.mediafire.com/file/h515iyzz8rnza8s/M...de4_byLemmi_v2.0.zip

MaxPayne 2 Reshade 3 Patch :
www.mediafire.com/file/6e7mxt3dbx4oelo/M...de3_byLemmi_v1.3.zip

/!\ The WidescreenFix might not work on the first run. Just quit the game and relaunch to make it work.

Here is the detail if you want to do it yourself :

1 - Download Max Payne 2 Widescreen Fix : thirteenag.github.io/wfp#mp2 , copy the files in the game folder AND rename "d3d9.dll" to "winmmbase.dll".
2 - Download the latest D3D8to9 : github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases and copy the files in the game folder.
3 - Download Max Payne Series Startup Hang Patch 1.01 here www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51579 or here community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/83...-startup-hang-patch/ and replace the files in the game folder.
4 - Download the latest ReShade release: reshade.me/
5 - Install with DX9 option.
6 - Copy the preset into the game folder.
**Reshade 3 interface doesn't properly work with Max payne 2 when you move your cursor, so you have to link the preset manually**
8 - Edit the d3d9.ini to link reshade to your right game path and preset
9 - Launch the game
(10) - The WidescreenFix might not work on the first run. Just quit the game and relaunch to make it work.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Lemmi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diego0920

• Diego0920
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #9 by Diego0920 Replied by Diego0920 on topic Max Payne 2 no longer working with Reshade 3
Copying your Reshade 4 version over my game folder worked perfectly, Lemmi. Only problem I had was also copying other .dll files like dxgi and opengl like I usually do when extracting my own reshade presets, they made the widescreen fix not work but deleting them did the job (maybe I just had to keep relaunching). Thank you.

Edit: Tried doing the same with the Steam version and now both of them are stretched...
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Diego0920.

• Diego0920
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #10 by Diego0920 Replied by Diego0920 on topic Max Payne 2 no longer working with Reshade 3
I figured an alternate way to run reshade and widescreen with Dgvoodoo2 instead based on your version. The only problem is the flickering background images when loading.

mega.nz/#!xl82lA7D!TmjtAbG7k-oQWad6fp6UKAoGYBijFVKGJ_PVpoXl0J8

Installation is the same as Lemmi's, just extract to your game folder.
No winmmbase.dll needed and works 100% every launch.
Shift+F2 opens Reshade menu and F3 switches all effects on/off.
Preset is the same as the screenshot above.
It used to have bad antialiasing but I had accidentally overriden the option with "off" in Dgvoodoo2, now it works perfectly.

• Diego0920
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #11 by Diego0920 Replied by Diego0920 on topic Max Payne 2 no longer working with Reshade 3
There's also another really cool way of injecting multiple d3d9.dll files through Ultimate ASI Loader x32 or x64 bit. You need to rename the dll in that tool to dsound.dll or something else if needed then rename your conflicting d3d9.dll to Reshade.asi along your d3d9.ini to Reshade.ini if you're using Reshade 3. Worked for Battlezone 98 Redux with that had hundreds of .dll in the base folder.

In this case you could just rename the Reshade dll file to .asi and it would work.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.