[SOLVED] STALKER CoP - Misplaced my glasses.

• Covalent
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Covalent STALKER CoP - Misplaced my glasses. was created by Covalent
I installed Reshade just for a little bit of an extra oomf to Call of Pripyat. The one I installed was actually from Reddit, on this subreddit; www.reddit.com/r/stalker/comments/2seikm...sery_reshade_preset/

But, upon installation, it looks like this; i.imgur.com/Zq3Sjtj.png

I have no clue what to do to fix it. I followed the install instructions bit by bit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic STALKER CoP - Misplaced my glasses.
Disable NVIDIA Inspector's SGSSAA. The two don't like each other very much. =)

• Covalent
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Covalent Replied by Covalent on topic STALKER CoP - Misplaced my glasses.

crosire wrote: Disable NVIDIA Inspector's SGSSAA. The two don't like each other very much. =)

Not sure how to do that. I just have NVIDIA control panel. I downloaded Nvidia Inspector, but I have no clue how to turn that off for Stalker CoP.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic STALKER CoP - Misplaced my glasses.
I was assuming you forced SGSSAA through it already, since that is the most common reason for the blurring you are experiencing. Did you force any sort of AA through the driver control panel?

• Covalent
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 5 months ago #5 by Covalent Replied by Covalent on topic STALKER CoP - Misplaced my glasses.

crosire wrote: I was assuming you forced SGSSAA through it already, since that is the most common reason for the blurring you are experiencing. Did you force any sort of AA through the driver control panel?

I've turned off any sort of forced AA in Control Panel and Inspector

I think it's the preset that is fucked. I downloaded:

reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/205-p...atic-tonemapped-look

And it worked fine.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic STALKER CoP - Misplaced my glasses.
That's good news then =)

• Covalent
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Covalent Replied by Covalent on topic STALKER CoP - Misplaced my glasses.

crosire wrote: That's good news then =)

Not entirely. It does not have the effects of the previous ReShade. Since I have no clue how to edit the file, it looks completely different.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic STALKER CoP - Misplaced my glasses.
Which "previous" ReShade? ReShade itself doesn't have any effects. So you are either talking about SweetFX or MasterEffect here?
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by crosire.

• Covalent
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #9 by Covalent Replied by Covalent on topic STALKER CoP - Misplaced my glasses.

crosire wrote: Which "previous" ReShade? ReShade itself doesn't have any effects. So you are either talking about SweetFX or MasterEffect here?

Just to put it into a smaller term since the file is huge:
//CHOOSE EFFECTS
#define USE_SPLITSCREEN		0	//[0 or 1] Splitscreen: Disables all effects on the right half of the screen to show changes.
#define USE_RAYMARCH_AO  	1	//[0 or 1] Raymarched AO: Another AO approach, non-physically correct but realistic shading algorithm. Noisy.
#define USE_CHAPMAN_LENS	1	//[0 or 1] Chapman's lensflare: Simple lensflare shader with one big halo.
#define USE_FXAA		1	//[0 or 1] FXAA: Detects aliased/jagged edges and slightly blurs them, using the FXAA technique.
#define USE_DEPTHBUFFER_OUTPUT	0	//[0 or 1] Depth Buffer Output: Shows you the pixel depth, this is for debugging or depth map creation only..

Compared to:
//global vars
#define ScreenSize float4(BUFFER_WIDTH, BUFFER_RCP_WIDTH, float(BUFFER_WIDTH) / float(BUFFER_HEIGHT), float(BUFFER_HEIGHT) / float(BUFFER_WIDTH)) //x=Width, y=1/Width, z=ScreenScaleY, w=1/ScreenScaleY
#define PixelSize  float2(BUFFER_RCP_WIDTH, BUFFER_RCP_HEIGHT)
#define PI 3.1415972
#define PIOVER180 0.017453292
#define AUTHOR MartyMcFly
#define LumCoeff float3(0.212656, 0.715158, 0.072186)
#define zFarPlane 1
#define zNearPlane 0.001		//I know, weird values but ReShade's depthbuffer is ... odd
uniform float4 Timer < string source = "framecount";>;

I have no clue what I am looking at with the second one. The first one was a lot more straight forward. The second one just boggles my mind. The first one however, was the one that didn't work...

I tried implementing one that worked with Dead Space to CoP.. But the compile failed.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic STALKER CoP - Misplaced my glasses.
The MasterEffect configuration moved into "MasterEffect.h" in one of the recent updates.

• Covalent
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #11 by Covalent Replied by Covalent on topic STALKER CoP - Misplaced my glasses.

crosire wrote: The MasterEffect configuration moved into "MasterEffect.h" in one of the recent updates.

I have no clue how to edit anything in them. Sad because there aren't many presets for CoP, except that one I found, and it's fucked.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #12 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic STALKER CoP - Misplaced my glasses.
Well, then let's try to fix that preset. It's probably using an old MasterEffect version, which is not compatible with latest ReShade due to a bug in MasterEffect and produces that blurry screen too. This can be solved though. Open up ReShade.fx and replace all occurances of "MaxMipLevel=8" with "MaxMipLevel=0".
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by crosire.

• Covalent
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #13 by Covalent Replied by Covalent on topic STALKER CoP - Misplaced my glasses.

Got it to work with that! Thanks plenty.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.