SweetFX2.0&Reshade error X3000

• mac2
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #1 by mac2 SweetFX2.0&Reshade error X3000 was created by mac2
As the title says using sweetfx2.0&Reshade......

Have actually been using it with a few sweetFX1.5 presets and it works well - but for one preset in particular
I get the error message "sweetfx_settings (1,1):error X3000:syntax error: unexpected "identifier"

Anyone know what it means and how to fix it? (not sure if it helps but the .txt file can be found in the link below in the download preset section)
sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1207/
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by mac2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SweetFX2.0&Reshade error X3000
Save the file in ANSI encoding. It's stored in UTF with BOM and ReShade can't handle that.

• mac2
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #3 by mac2 Replied by mac2 on topic SweetFX2.0&Reshade error X3000
thanks for the reply - but how precisely can I save it in ANSI encoding? (note its already saved in a .txt file and obviously just trying to cut and paste it into the settings .txt file?)

• crosire
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SweetFX2.0&Reshade error X3000
Open the file in Notepad, go to File > Save as and select "ANSI" in the encoding drop down next to the save button.

• mac2
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #5 by mac2 Replied by mac2 on topic SweetFX2.0&Reshade error X3000
Just tried it and the .txt was already in ANSI format - but I saved it again ensuring it was set to ANSI - still exactly the same error message when I drop it into the sweetFX folder inside the game?anything else I can try?
note also this particular preset was made for sweetFX1.5 - I am running it in v2.0 as the title says (although not sure this would be an issue as am running a few 1.5 presets using sweetfx 2.0 without any issues?

• mac2
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #6 by mac2 Replied by mac2 on topic SweetFX2.0&Reshade error X3000

crosire wrote: Open the file in Notepad, go to File > Save as and select "ANSI" in the encoding drop down next to the save button.

crossfire - thanks for the earlier reply - but its not working with your suggestion - any further suggestions to try and get it working?

• StyleMaster
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #7 by StyleMaster Replied by StyleMaster on topic SweetFX2.0&Reshade error X3000
Hello,
i saw this topic and having some trouble with importing settings or shaders from 1.4 Gaussian blur with Reshade + Sweetfx 2.0
Any help advice aprriciated please

• mac2
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #8 by mac2 Replied by mac2 on topic SweetFX2.0&Reshade error X3000
glad to see its not just me having the problem - in my case its strange as all the other v1.5 presets I have tried work with v2.0 - its just this one that gives the error message......................................note also crosire's earler suggestion does not work my v1.5 preset was already in ANSI format.....................

• crosire
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SweetFX2.0&Reshade error X3000
Then the preset is broken and the author messed up the file so that ReShade is unable to parse it. Without seeing the preset it is hard to help.

• mac2
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #10 by mac2 Replied by mac2 on topic SweetFX2.0&Reshade error X3000

crosire wrote: Then the preset is broken and the author messed up the file so that ReShade is unable to parse it. Without seeing the preset it is hard to help.

crosire thanlks for the reply - i was thinking it must be broken also.....................
but its been downloaded (so presume used) over 25,000 times and comments about it are all positive!
link to the preset below....
sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1207/

• crosire
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SweetFX2.0&Reshade error X3000
It's totally broken. It's missing a bunch of characters at the beginning. Add "/*" to the beginning of the file, so it reads "/*ame:Battlefield 4".

• mac2
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #12 by mac2 Replied by mac2 on topic SweetFX2.0&Reshade error X3000

crosire wrote: It's totally broken. It's missing a bunch of characters at the beginning. Add "/*" to the beginning of the file, so it reads "/*ame:Battlefield 4".

thanks crosire - now working and its a great preset!
also offtopic questions (as am now trying to get reshade/sweetFx working with most of my games) - so far been unsuccessful with dayofinfamy, insurgency and rising storm 2 - just wondering if they should be reshade compatible? (one of them from memory dayofinfamy the battle eye seems to block it - the others reshade just doesnt seem to fire up at the start).......................................

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.