Can't install for FFXIV on Steam

• Kashianna
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Kashianna Can't install for FFXIV on Steam was created by Kashianna
Hi,

Sorry if its a noob question, but im a noob on this too and i couldnt find answers on google. When i pick the game from the folder, says "Unable to extract downloaded archive" then says "Access to the path C:\ bla bla bla " i have no idea what to do, id love to have reshade installed on my ffxiv, any help pls?

imgur.com/a/bFKHB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Can't install for FFXIV on Steam
Run as admin. Also why do you have three ReShade installations in the same folder? Delete those d3d9.dll and opengl32.dll files.

• Kashianna
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Kashianna Replied by Kashianna on topic Can't install for FFXIV on Steam
I am running the ReShade setup as admin T_T still comes up as unable to extract the downloaded file
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Kashianna. Reason: Found its d3 9

• Kashianna
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Kashianna Replied by Kashianna on topic Can't install for FFXIV on Steam
Can it be some permissions on steam folder? Cuz i still cant install it...

• TLP
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #5 by TLP Replied by TLP on topic Can't install for FFXIV on Steam
Hi!

I'm having the same issue, but even though the installer says it can't extract the files because it doesn't have access the files are in fact installed.

Which brings me to the next issue - controlling what is and isn't loaded at startup because as is, they crash my game.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.