GTA IV help!

• just_brennan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #1 by just_brennan GTA IV help! was created by just_brennan
Hey there forum dudes! I've been trying to solve this very frustrating problem I've had with GTA IV and Reshade/ENB for about a week now.

So the problem is that when I install the Reshade (I've tried versions 3.0.8 and 3.3.2), the game runs the launcher (LaunchGTAIV.exe) for about 10 seconds, and then it stops running. I've tried many things in order to fix this, from downgrading the game from version 1.0.8.0 to 1.0.7.0 and 1.0.4.0, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, updating my drivers, updating DirectX, renaming d3d9.dll, setting the executable to run as an Administrator and activating Compatibility Mode for Windows Vista SP2, and deleting, replacing, and adding various files to the game's directory. I even went as far as to wipe my computer (while keeping all of my files), which somehow didn't fix the problem. I've narrowed down the culprit of this issue: d3d9.dll. The game runs perfectly fine without it but of course it is needed in order for Reshade and ENBs to run.

Here's the d3d9.log:
Warning: Spoiler!

and my specs:

Windows 10 Pro N 64-bit
Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1075MHz
ASRock Z170 Professional Gaming i7
GN246HL (1920x1080@144Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (MSI)

Hopefully someone can help me out with this. Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by just_brennan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.