Ziggurat depth buffer issue

• SpinelessJelly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by SpinelessJelly Ziggurat depth buffer issue was created by SpinelessJelly
I tried the 0.17.1 framework with Ziggurat (a rogue-lite FPS) and, while everything seemed to work perfectly with the opengl32.dll hook, there was some weird behaviour from depth buffer effects.

First of all, DOF seemed to be applied on random patches of the scene:
Warning: Spoiler!

Then, ambient occlusion lines did not correspond to the objects in-game

Same thing with cel shading - only this time it became more apparent that the effect was inverted vertically in respect to the gamespace

Here's the tracelog if it is of any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Ziggurat depth buffer issue
Well, the current depthbuffer is not the depth of your scene then, it contains something else.

• JPulowski
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic Ziggurat depth buffer issue

crosire wrote: Well, the current depthbuffer is not the depth of your scene then, it contains something else.

Actually, the depth buffer contains the correct information. But it needs to be flipped, as far as I can see it is an Unity game. So it is a known issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpinelessJelly

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Ziggurat depth buffer issue

JPulowski wrote: But it needs to be flipped

Or that =)
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpinelessJelly

• SpinelessJelly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Ziggurat depth buffer issue
By no means a big deal, the game is pleasantly colorful enough as it is (nor I'll be screenshotting this one any time soon), just wanted to report the findings. Keep up the good work, guys.

JP, will you port the paint shader to the framework too?

• JPulowski
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #6 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic Ziggurat depth buffer issue

SpinelessJelly wrote: JP, will you port the paint shader to the framework too?

I might. CeeJay is also interested with it, so it might be integrated into SweetFX in the future with more options and better optimized. But if he decides otherwise I can port it easily to the framework. :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.