Ansel Super Resolution and Reshade DOF effect

• Leilu
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #1 by Leilu Ansel Super Resolution and Reshade DOF effect was created by Leilu
Hi,

I'm using Ansel Super Resolution tool to take screenshots in The Surge but each time I increase the screenshot resolution, my DOF effect decrease.

Here the first screenshot at 100% resolution with an amplified DOF effect to clearly show you.

200% resolution

400% resolution

See ?
What can I do ? Thanks
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Leilu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
5 years 9 months ago #2 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Ansel Super Resolution and Reshade DOF effect
Would increasing the effect to compensate work?

One of the downsides with post-processing is that downsampling can have a negative effect on the game with shaders having far less pronounced appearances when you run the game at 2x the res and scaling it which is why stuff like bloom and depth of field almost disappears entirely in a few games and ReShade is likely also affected by the same issue.

Ansel is also using tiles isn't it? Tiled rendering while improved AFAIK for Ansel also has a tendency to lessen if not outright break certain shaders and Ansel takes it much higher than what standard downsampling does by allowing up to 64x64k pixels I think it was?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leilu

• Leilu
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #3 by Leilu Replied by Leilu on topic Ansel Super Resolution and Reshade DOF effect
Yes I tried to increase the effect to compensate but even at max values, the downsampling negates it too much at common super resolutions in Ansel (x6 for me).

Tiles ? I think it's the word, yes. In super resoution mode, Ansel take numerous screenshots of tiles.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Leilu.

• Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 9 months ago #4 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Ansel Super Resolution and Reshade DOF effect
I was under the impression that Ansel doesn't work with ReShade at all since it grabs the pictures earlier in the pipeline. MXAO shouldn't work, too. The preview works ofc, but not the output.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.