SHIFT + F2 DOESN'T TOGGLE THE OVERLAY IN GTA V

• ABERRATION
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #1 by ABERRATION SHIFT + F2 DOESN'T TOGGLE THE OVERLAY IN GTA V was created by ABERRATION
I recently worked with a nice guy @Reacon who helped me get my game running again, but one of my issues was w/ NaturalVision. We got that to work essentially, but it looked bland because I didn't have ReShade. (My GTA V game version is v. 1.0.1365.1)

Now when I installed ReShade 3.1.2 / ReShade 3.4.0 (I have DirectX 11 as in game settings) I chose Open3D 10+ (I think that's what it's called)

When game launched (w/o changing names of 3 files to "d3d11.*") it crashed the first attempt. I don't have ENB as it was something that continually crashed my game when I combined it w/ ReShade.

The only 2 in-game overlays I have put to use (besides mods, which don't use Shift+F2) are the in-game Steam overlay (Shift+Tab) and my NVIDIA overlay (Ctrl. + Alt. + ` )

Anytime I spam (whilst holding Shift down) F2, nothing shows. When game is launching after first install of ReShade 3.1.2 / ReShade 3.4.0, you'll see that common text "** preset files loaded" w/ other text. But the overlay doesn't register.

I have TeamViewer 13 (free, non-commercial) and a PayPal to anyone that can help me (and/or) me & @Reacon figure this out and fix once and for all.

My specs are:
Laptop Model: MSI GP62M 7RDX LEOPARD
Internals: Intel i7-7700K (Kaby Lake) , NVIDIA 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5 , 16GB DDR4 RAM @ 2400MHz , 1 TB @ 7200 RPM HDD

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thalixte
More
5 years 9 months ago #2 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic SHIFT + F2 DOESN'T TOGGLE THE OVERLAY IN GTA V
Just a question: does this behaviour happens in full screen, windowed mode, or both ?
I had a similar bug in a previous reshade version, but only in Project Cars 2 in a specific display mode (windowed or FS, don't remember).
Have you tried to make a clean install of reshade, and to disable the steam overlay ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gamerlego

• ABERRATION
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #3 by ABERRATION Replied by ABERRATION on topic SHIFT + F2 DOESN'T TOGGLE THE OVERLAY IN GTA V
No, I have not tried in Windowed mode, but I've only attempted in Fullscreen. I've done multiple re-installs from changing settings, and even choosing different install packs along with changing the dll's & ini's & txt's name's to "d3d11.*" post-crash each and every time.

Although when I have it on dxgi.* it'll open the launcher, it also will show the ReShade menu and all (overlay post-hotkey activation) , but after closing out, and changing to d3d11.* (Using DirectX 11) it would NOT open the overlay in fullscreen. I'll be sure to get back to you about what happens when I open in windowed; I predict it not to work per-usual.

Edit: I tried in Windowed (not Fullscreen/Windowed Borderless) & it did the same thing as before.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by ABERRATION. Reason: Error in statement

• ABERRATION
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #4 by ABERRATION Replied by ABERRATION on topic SHIFT + F2 DOESN'T TOGGLE THE OVERLAY IN GTA V
Also, removing Steam overlay won't fix crash for me. I'll try b/c when I open GTA V w/ the dxgi.* files renamed to d3d11.* it'll launch right , but it won't open the overlay via Shift+F2/F1 (changed)

I have either 3.1.2 (reshade version) or 3.4.0.

• thalixte
More
5 years 9 months ago #5 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic SHIFT + F2 DOESN'T TOGGLE THE OVERLAY IN GTA V

ABERRATION wrote: Also, removing Steam overlay won't fix crash for me. I'll try b/c when I open GTA V w/ the dxgi.* files renamed to d3d11.* it'll launch right , but it won't open the overlay via Shift+F2/F1 (changed)

I have either 3.1.2 (reshade version) or 3.4.0.

That's weird, indeed. Maybe i could help on a teamviewer session. I personally play GTA V w/ reshade 3.4.0 and dxgi.dll.

• Gamerlego
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #6 by Gamerlego Replied by Gamerlego on topic SHIFT + F2 DOESN'T TOGGLE THE OVERLAY IN GTA V
This happens to me as well. It's very weird and I have no idea why it doesn't work. One day though, I accidently got it working with d3d11.dll by setting the game to offline mode (I doubt this is how to fi it). Then once I repaired the game...it stopped working again and now I'm stuck. There have been a few instances where when renaming dxgi to opengl32, reshade would work but only once. The next time I tried using opengl32, it crashes the same way as dxgi. I tried a couple things including using dxcpl which forces the game to use integrated graphics (I was trying to figure out a way to make it work with d3d11), in which reshade does work. But...with an integrated graphics card...the game would crash before loading the story mode. :(

Btw, my specs are:
Laptop model: Asus GL502VT
Intel core i7 6700HQ
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M
16 GB of DDR4 RAM
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Gamerlego.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.