GTA 5 issues with nvidia graphics

• syed
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #1 by syed GTA 5 issues with nvidia graphics was created by syed
Reshade 3.4.1 still dont work with GTA 5.
I need to launch GTA 5 with integrated graphics to make the reshade load perfectly into the game.

If I launch the game with nvidia graphics, the game crash at startup.

So here the method i've already tried:

- ReShade 3.4.0(renamed to dxgi.dll) = GTA V crash at startup
Log file for dxgi.dll:
Warning: Spoiler!

- ReShade 3.4.0(renamed to d3d11.dll) = GTA V did not crash but the ReShade does not load into the game

- ReShade 3.4.0(Renamed to ReShade64.dll inject with ENB Proxy) + ENB(d3d11.dll) = GTA V did not crash but the ReShade and ENB do not load into the game

- ReShade 1.1.0 with SweetFX 2.0(d3d11.dll) = GTA V run without any problem with ReShade and SweetFX loaded

Solution found so far:
- I have to launch GTA 5 with integrated graphics(intel hd graphics) to make reshade works.

Any fix guys?

Btw, I found this in crosire github about fix crash on GTA 5:
github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/9ef6e2...7ffbb51e906e3e473ede

But I got nothing to do with this since I dont really know about C++. If java maybe I can try to complie it.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by syed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• soetdjur
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #2 by soetdjur Replied by soetdjur on topic 3.4

syed wrote: Reshade 3.4.1 still dont work with GTA 5.
I need to use integrated graphics to play GTA 5 with reshade.

If I use nvidia, the game crash at startup.
.dll name:
rename to dxgi.dll = game crash
rename to d3d11.dll = game launch, reshade won't load

GTA 5 has always been a bit special with reshade, at least for me. I've only got it to work with some old dxgi.dll file from an older reshade version. You might wanna try it out. Here's a link: mega.nz/#!xNBjAJKA!OQctTR0tY5EK1Dk68MV0loIyCD3ftwL_KIMccdbZkVs

Not 100% sure if it's compatible with the latest reshade, give it a go and tell me if it works. You might wanna rename it to d3d11.dll for troubleshooting.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by soetdjur.

• syed
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #3 by syed Replied by syed on topic 3.4
Both (dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll) won't work. GTA still got crash at startup :(

• gorillafreak
More
5 years 8 months ago #4 by gorillafreak Replied by gorillafreak on topic 3.4
on my asus v3.4 is loading I copied the whole gta5 folder to another laptop nothing works.

windows is same
openiv was updated only
directx is same

why it won't load dont know

• Shady
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #5 by Shady Replied by Shady on topic 3.4
Reshade 3.4.0 works on my GTA V Windows 7. Be sure to do fresh reshade install into GTA V folder suing DX10+ as you need the 64bit version of dxgi.dll
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Shady.

• syed
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #6 by syed Replied by syed on topic 3.4

Shady wrote: Reshade 3.4.0 works on my GTA V Windows 7. Be sure to do fresh reshade install into GTA V folder suing DX10+ as you need the 64bit version of dxgi.dll

Already did so. But I think the problems comes from Windows 10 I think.

Just now i've uninstalled my GTA V and uninstall all update. Then I do a fresh GTA V installation with 1.41 update only but still no luck with reshade. Hm

• gorillafreak
More
5 years 8 months ago #7 by gorillafreak Replied by gorillafreak on topic GTA 5 issues with nvidia graphics
I am using Win10 on ASUS N56JR, GTA5 with ReShade v3.3.1 working, with latest v3.4 I've installed and all goes well Reshade loading and working, I copied the same GTA5 folder to new laptop which is 8th Gen with 1070, its not loading with ReShade v3.3 or v3.4, its reshade which not compiling or having compatibility issues, also latest v3.4 is also not working with DOOM

• robgrab
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #8 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic GTA 5 issues with nvidia graphics
I've been using the Reshade with GTA 5 for the last several releases, including 3.4.1, without issue. The only issue I've ever encountered wasn't related to Reshade. Whenever Rockstar issues an update it breaks compatibility with mods. I use the GTA 5 Redux mod, which includes Reshade. The way I fixed the crash was as follows:

1. Go into the main "Grand Theft Auto V" folder and look for the "update" folder.
2. Within that folder there is a file called "update.rpf"
3. Copy that file.
4. Go back to the main "Grand Theft Auto V" folder and open the "mods" folder.
5. Within that folder open the "update" folder.
6. Paste the "update.rpf" file overwriting the old one.
7. Viola!

I've never seen this fix posted anywhere else online. I discovered it by experimentation. Unfortunately you'll need to repeat this process every time Rockstar updates the game. Since figuring this out I've never had an issue running Reshade with GTA V.

I can't say this will solve everyone's problem but it certainly solved mine.

NOTE: I'm using the Rockstar version of the game NOT the Steam version. My hardware is i6700K overclocked with dual GTX 1080s running in SLI under Windows 10.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by robgrab.

• syed
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #9 by syed Replied by syed on topic GTA 5 issues with nvidia graphics
Nope it doesn't work at all neither with dxgi.dll nor d3d11.dll

I have done a clean installation of GTA V with only 1.41 update without any mods installed. Still doesn't fix this. Yes, i am using Rockstar version too.

• gorillafreak
More
5 years 7 months ago #10 by gorillafreak Replied by gorillafreak on topic GTA 5 issues with nvidia graphics
Well finally I've found the solution, start your system in discrete graphic mode ... not with intel, install latest reshade v3.4.1 and no need to rename d3d11 anymore dxgi will work without any issue. no windows no directx is relates to reshade.

• syed
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #11 by syed Replied by syed on topic GTA 5 issues with nvidia graphics

gorillafreak wrote: Well finally I've found the solution, start your system in discrete graphic mode ... not with intel, install latest reshade v3.4.1 and no need to rename d3d11 anymore dxgi will work without any issue. no windows no directx is relates to reshade.

What do you mean by discrete graphic mode?

• gorillafreak
More
5 years 7 months ago #12 by gorillafreak Replied by gorillafreak on topic GTA 5 issues with nvidia graphics
switch your graphics to use nvidia rather than intel, for more info forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/what-ar...crete-graphics.38661

• syed
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #13 by syed Replied by syed on topic GTA 5 issues with nvidia graphics

gorillafreak wrote: switch your graphics to use nvidia rather than intel, for more info forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/what-ar...crete-graphics.38661

I have mentioned on my first post, "If I launch the game with nvidia graphics, the game crash at startup."

The reshade only work with GTA V if I launch the game with integrated graphics(Intel).

• gorillafreak
More
5 years 7 months ago #14 by gorillafreak Replied by gorillafreak on topic GTA 5 issues with nvidia graphics
All games normally use default gfx card, either you run it with intel it runs using nvidia, what I am telling you to use nvidia check your bios what gfx mode it should use, simply windows use nvidia not intel, I was stuck in the same situation, after using nvidia by default all works well.

• syed
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #15 by syed Replied by syed on topic GTA 5 issues with nvidia graphics

gorillafreak wrote: All games normally use default gfx card, either you run it with intel it runs using nvidia, what I am telling you to use nvidia check your bios what gfx mode it should use, simply windows use nvidia not intel, I was stuck in the same situation, after using nvidia by default all works well.

It's sound the same tho
Gfx Card = Graphic Card
Graphic card contains 2 graphics processing unit, which is Integrated Graphics(Intel) and Dedicated/Discrete(nvidia/ati) Graphics.

or I think I do not understand what are you trying to say.
Can you tell us step by step to make the game run using discrete graphics?

Btw, I just use nvidia control panel to choose what type of gpu to be used to run the application. No need to change it through bios.
So if you're telling me to run GTA V using nvidia gfx mode, I already done that. All games normally run using dedicated graphics by default.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.