No Man's Sky Flight Screenshot Oddity

• TheDazaster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #1 by TheDazaster No Man's Sky Flight Screenshot Oddity was created by TheDazaster
Taking a screenshot in No Man's Sky with Reshade was going fine, taking shots when out of the ship on the ground showed OK but then I took a couple of ship in-flight shots, which were recorded as just completely black.
Thought it was a mod. Removed all mods, same problem. Looked at Reshade's settings, changed depth buffer reversal from 1 to 0, and now can take in-flights shots. Weird, as I'm sure it was working last week.

Edit: Doing that of course disables DOF. However I just discovered that the Steam overlay captures Reshade effects for this game when using the in-Game photomode, and will capture in-flight screens complete with DOF. So the problem is Reshade's screen capture isn't doing depth when in-flight.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by TheDazaster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rozzemak
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #2 by Rozzemak Replied by Rozzemak on topic No Man's Sky Flight Screenshot Oddity
Try to find a correct depth buffer address in dx11 menu while in photomode.
You would have to change things to their original value though after photomode is turned off.
(Just enable extended buffer detection, then select correct pointer.)
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Rozzemak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.