NVIDIA Optimus not being able to load dxgi.dll

• QuietSun
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #1 by QuietSun NVIDIA Optimus not being able to load dxgi.dll was created by QuietSun
Hi All!

I hope this message finds you well! I have been trying to run Reshade with ENB in Skyrim and my game crashes immediately to desktop. I have been scouring the forums and the internet for a possible solution and I have realized that there are many users with the same problem, in many games, but no one seems to have quite put the finger on the problem.

I wanted to make this post to see if anyone has identified the source of the problem and a possible solution, or as a place where other users can also come to beg for a possible solution.

The problem is simple. Reshade, if injected using dxgi.dll, doesn't seem to work on laptops with both an integrated intel videocard and an NVIDIA optimus dedicated card.

This problem is clearly arising from the Optimus system, because if you force the game to run on the integrated intel videocard, Reshade gets injected without issues. It's only when the NVIDIA card is used that the injection fails. Many users get around the problem by renaming the dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll. And that works for users that only want to run reshade, but not for those that want to combine reshade with ENB (for example). This means that somehow the d3d11.dll can be injected in applications that run on the NVIDIA card, but somehow dxgi.dll cannot.

Does anyone have an idea how this may be solved? Is there any chance that the powers that be hear our plea and help address this on the next reshade release? Is this even fixable?

Thank you so much for anyone that may have input into this problem!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.