[SOLVED] Metro 2033 Redux does not start with Reshade

• mileafly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #1 by mileafly Metro 2033 Redux does not start with Reshade was created by mileafly
I am trying to use Reshade with this Metro 2033 Redux, but if I install Reshade the game wont start, nothing happens when I press Play on it on Steam. Do anyone know why and how to solve it? On the Reshade game compatibility homepage this game is listed as "perfect".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daodan
More
5 years 6 months ago #2 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Metro 2033 Redux does not start with Reshade
Sometimes such programs as MSI Afterburner or Riva Tuner can cause issues. If you have such a program running, try starting the game without them.

• mileafly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #3 by mileafly Replied by mileafly on topic Metro 2033 Redux does not start with Reshade

Daodan wrote: Sometimes such programs as MSI Afterburner or Riva Tuner can cause issues. If you have such a program running, try starting the game without them.

If that would be the case would it not cause the same issue on all games? I can start Dying Light with Reshade installed without any problems.

• altokitty
More
5 years 6 months ago #4 by altokitty Replied by altokitty on topic Metro 2033 Redux does not start with Reshade
Have you tried all the different .dll files yet? Does Metro launch without ReShade? Do other hooks such as GeDoSaTo and the generic versions of ENB & SpecialK work? Also, what machine are you running? If it's a laptop, a very interesting issue that can occur is immediate CTDs whenever any version of ReShade is installed. I believe it has to do with Nvidia Optimus, and the only way to bypass it is by going into your device manager and disabling your iGPU (which shouldn't cause any issues, you'll just be unable to access the Nvidia Control Panel and you'll likely get tearing throughout normal usage).

• mileafly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #5 by mileafly Replied by mileafly on topic Metro 2033 Redux does not start with Reshade

altokitty wrote: Have you tried all the different .dll files yet? Does Metro launch without ReShade? Do other hooks such as GeDoSaTo and the generic versions of ENB & SpecialK work? Also, what machine are you running? If it's a laptop, a very interesting issue that can occur is immediate CTDs whenever any version of ReShade is installed. I believe it has to do with Nvidia Optimus, and the only way to bypass it is by going into your device manager and disabling your iGPU (which shouldn't cause any issues, you'll just be unable to access the Nvidia Control Panel and you'll likely get tearing throughout normal usage).

Hm not sure what you mean by all the different .dll files? I just run the installer?

Metro do launch without Reshade yes, and I can use Reshade with other games such as Dying Light without problem. I have a gaming computer with a GTX 980 ti graphics card.

• mileafly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #6 by mileafly Replied by mileafly on topic Metro 2033 Redux does not start with Reshade
Works now for some reason :I

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.