Cant get Reshade to work with Alone in the Dark 4

• Gamecare
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #1 by Gamecare Cant get Reshade to work with Alone in the Dark 4 was created by Gamecare
Im trying to inject some life into Alone in the Dark 4, but I cant get Reshade to work.
Ive installed the DX8 dll file into the game folder and tried every option, but no show.
I did get it to work on Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi, which is also DX8, but not sure exactly how I did it.

Is there anyone who got it to work or can give me some pointers?
I tried both on the original discs, the GOG version and even the demo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Cant get Reshade to work with Alone in the Dark 4
The game uses OpenGL, not D3D8 (only uses DX for sound), but loads it from the system directory directly, so the usual way of installing ReShade does not work. You'll have to use an injector like ENBInjector ( enbdev.com/download_injector_generic.htm ) to inject ReShade into the process.

enbinjector.ini:
[LIBRARY]
LibraryName=ReShade32.dll

[TARGETPROCESS]
ProcessName0=alone4.exe

You can get the ReShade32.dll by launching the setup and then Ctrl + clicking on the button (it will extract it to the current directory).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.