Can't uninstall?

• BowlingMaster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #1 by BowlingMaster Can't uninstall? was created by BowlingMaster
I have a problem with reshade. So when i delete DXGI.dll, the reshade won't uninstall. the loading effect is still there. The loading effect is stuck (19 effects loading). So i can't play X-plane 11 anymore because of reshade!
I need serious help. i do not want to uninstall my game, i have downloaded a ton of mods and plugins!
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by BowlingMaster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
5 years 4 months ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Can't uninstall?
My spontaneous ideas:

1. You're sure the game is not DirectX 9? In that case you might have installed for both APIs, and the d3d9.dll being still there, ReShade would still load. Just to rule that one out.

2. Or, alternatively, you installed ReShade in more than one place and the folder where you deleted dxgi.dll from is not the folder where dxgi.dll is picked up - with some games it's not the same as the exe file.

3. In any case, you can also delete the "reshade-shaders" (or what was it called) folder with the effects so at least you won't get stuck.

• BowlingMaster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #3 by BowlingMaster Replied by BowlingMaster on topic Can't uninstall?
1. Yes i am sure. there is no d3d9.dll
2. I have used reshade in the game for a month. The effect loading problem just suddenly... pop up.
3. I tried deleting it, but then it just happens to still get stuck. But without the effects loading, it just said Reshade by crosire.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by BowlingMaster.

• seri14
More
5 years 4 months ago #4 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Can't uninstall?
Which file is latest date? (In some cases .log is hidden by PC setting)
d3d9.log
dxgi.log
d3d11.log

• BowlingMaster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #5 by BowlingMaster Replied by BowlingMaster on topic Can't uninstall?
dxgi
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by BowlingMaster.

• seri14
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #6 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Can't uninstall?
I have no ideas to why it happened.
You can find the DLL by using the sysinternals tools.

Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs
Select [Find] -> [Find Handle or DLL ...]

DO NOT DELETE FILES ALL IN SYSTEM32 FOLDER AND SUBDIRECTORIES
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by seri14.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.