Far Cry 5 - Game won't Launch At All

• tranceline
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #1 by tranceline Far Cry 5 - Game won't Launch At All was created by tranceline
I installed Reshade 3.6 into Far Cry 5 and the game wouldn't launch. I goes to the launch screen and the little circle just goes round and round...no launch. I removed all the files and it still won't launch. I uninstalled the whole game and redownloaded and it STILL won't launch. It will go through an "Installing Direct X" and such and then just spins and spins and never launches. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 4 months ago #2 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Far Cry 5 - Game won't Launch At All

tranceline wrote: I installed Reshade 3.6 into Far Cry 5 and the game wouldn't launch. I goes to the launch screen and the little circle just goes round and round...no launch. I removed all the files and it still won't launch. I uninstalled the whole game and redownloaded and it STILL won't launch. It will go through an "Installing Direct X" and such and then just spins and spins and never launches. Any ideas?

EAC kicked in.

Use a whitelisted version of ReShade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tranceline

• tranceline
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #3 by tranceline Replied by tranceline on topic Far Cry 5 - Game won't Launch At All
Thanks for the response. I'm unsure what EAC is, however on your recommendation I found that 3.0.6 is supposed to be whitelisted. I completely uninstalled FC5, redownloaded it, and installed...then ran Reshade 3.0.6. No luck. It still doesn't launch. I also found a recommendation to rename dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll....still no luck.

So the real question here is what does Reshade modify OUTSIDE of the game folder to cause it to not load. There must be some sort of Windows file that the game files reference and the link is broken. Maybe a driver, or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

• tranceline
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #4 by tranceline Replied by tranceline on topic Far Cry 5 - Game won't Launch At All
I'm curious what "EAC kicked in" means?

• Wassy_
More
5 years 4 months ago #5 by Wassy_ Replied by Wassy_ on topic Far Cry 5 - Game won't Launch At All
Easy Anti Cheat = EAC

cheers.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.