FiveM Reshade

• Sip
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #1 by Sip FiveM Reshade was created by Sip
How come Reshade does not work on FiveM anymore? it started happening a few days ago, I opened fivem and reshade just doesn't work anymore, please lmk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeremy, tate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pesoen
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #2 by Pesoen Replied by Pesoen on topic FiveM Reshade
i managed to get reshade loading again by placing the files inside the bin directory, however it seems to mess with the UI, as in the UI no longer loads, but reshade does load.. still trying to find out what is happening.

They changed the Fivem UI in some way, and that seems to have affected reshade, and the way its loaded. but again, placing the reshade.ini and dxgi in the /bin folder in fivem application data will get it loaded again.

Bear in mind i am using the latest 4.0.1 version. so maybe an older version still works, gonna try that now and reply here.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Pesoen. Reason: added info that i am using the latest reshade version

• Pesoen
More
5 years 5 months ago #3 by Pesoen Replied by Pesoen on topic FiveM Reshade
using version 3.4.1.350 that i got from another installation i have yet to update does not work at all regardless of where i place it. so seems Fivem did something to prevent dll loading, and i might just be lucky to have 4.0.1 loading at all, even if it messes with the UI so it fails to load.

i have contacted Fivem to hear what they did, and i am trying all the different settings i can tweak in reshade.ini, but so far no luck.

• Sip
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #4 by Sip Replied by Sip on topic FiveM Reshade
I contacted fivem and they have told me that reshade did something to it.

• Pesoen
More
5 years 5 months ago #5 by Pesoen Replied by Pesoen on topic FiveM Reshade
I still think it might be something they did.. As older versions do not work anymore as far as I can test. It just odd, that now with the latest it loads, but the UI fails to load with it. But if I disable it, it works fine. Reshade cannot auto update, so an older version of Reshade should work just fine, as I had an older version of Reshade installed, but it suddenly stopped working. And again, now only the latest will work, but it makes fivem not work. Maybe I can bypass the UI, as i only play on one server, but what about other people? Who play on more than one?

• Pesoen
More
5 years 5 months ago #6 by Pesoen Replied by Pesoen on topic FiveM Reshade
okay, after some contact with the guys on the fivem forum, it seems reshade hooks onto somthing its not supposed to, which causes it to stop loading because it detecs something is wrong.. now to investigate how i can get it to not load on the main menu, so i can get it working again.

• Sip
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #7 by Sip Replied by Sip on topic FiveM Reshade
Alright, let me know!

• MrJeeves
More
5 years 4 months ago #8 by MrJeeves Replied by MrJeeves on topic FiveM Reshade
Hiya! I'm one of the guys from the FiveM forums (the starter of the ReShade thread: forum.fivem.net/t/reshade-broken-in-latest-update/181984 ). The problem is that ReShade is hooking onto the 'FiveM_ChromeBrowser' process. When it does that, it prevents any UI elements from displaying.

• Pesoen
More
5 years 4 months ago #9 by Pesoen Replied by Pesoen on topic FiveM Reshade
MrJeeves, yes thank you, we found that out rather quickly, now we are trying to get it to NOT hook onto that, or possibly delay the load of reshade, but so far no luck from me..

• Matt4499
More
5 years 4 months ago #10 by Matt4499 Replied by Matt4499 on topic FiveM Reshade
Really hoping they get this fixed, or at least find a fix. A lot of people use ReShade for FiveM. :(

• Sip
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #11 by Sip Replied by Sip on topic FiveM Reshade
Yep... GTA looks trash without it! :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt4499, Brunelio

• Term
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #12 by Term Replied by Term on topic FiveM Reshade
Ok, so I actually got Reshade to work for a breif moment after a complete wipe of my pc, the next day, after installing more games reshade no longer worked. A second pc Wipe later reshade didn't work
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/439196286...845851381789/aaa.png

My guess is either something I installed before playing enabled it to work, and something installed after disabled it working, or it was how I installed fivem at the very beginning
Maybe a c++ program got updated after I installed a newer game
Maybe a newer game I installed updated a directX section making it incompatible
Could have also been because of a windows update
Before I installed FiveM the first time I did try and attempt to install it under the program files (x86) and non x86, giving it higher permission elevation before I resorted to installing it just under my C/ drive.

Here are the reshade files I had, but It could be that these were after it stopped working drive.google.com/file/d/1VWWpntOeestKGkd...ul1/view?usp=sharing

Thats all I could think of, I know nothing about the insides of FiveM or reshade so this info may not be useful what so ever

Edit: It could also have been there was a second install of FiveM inside my appdata files, that I deleted at some point
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Term.

• Sip
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #13 by Sip Replied by Sip on topic FiveM Reshade
Interesting.

• Matt4499
More
5 years 4 months ago #14 by Matt4499 Replied by Matt4499 on topic FiveM Reshade
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sip

• Sip
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #15 by Sip Replied by Sip on topic FiveM Reshade
Still doesn't work :angry: :dry:

• Matt4499
More
5 years 4 months ago #16 by Matt4499 Replied by Matt4499 on topic FiveM Reshade
yeah this seems to be an issue that FiveMs new update has blocked, even though they said they haven't blocked ReShade from working, or done anything to make it stop working, it appears they made "anticheat changes" which likely are the cause of ReShade not working.

• VikingIwan
More
5 years 3 months ago #17 by VikingIwan Replied by VikingIwan on topic FiveM Reshade
Any updates on this? Anyone get it to work reliably and not screw with the UI?

• skies
More
5 years 3 months ago #18 by skies Replied by skies on topic FiveM Reshade
Install the reshade for regular GTA 5, then just rename the dxgi file to d3d10! Done!
Sorry for my English! This is google translator :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.