[SOLVED] Reshade isn’t launching sims 4

• lialia54
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #1 by lialia54 Reshade isn’t launching sims 4 was created by lialia54
Hi, I am trying to install reshade for sims 4 but I don’t get the banner pop up when the game launches and can’t open reshade in game.

I am pretty sure I’ve installed it correctly, I’ve tried renaming the file that was suggested to rename (at the moment it’s dxgi.dll)

I’ve also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, leaving the succeded screen open after installing (someone said that helped them) and running the game full screen.

Please help me out, thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• seri14
More
5 years 3 months ago #2 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Reshade isn’t launching sims 4
rename to d3d9.dll

• lialia54
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #3 by lialia54 Replied by lialia54 on topic Reshade isn’t launching sims 4
Thank you, I have tried renaming it but it still didn’t work :(

• seri14
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #4 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Reshade isn’t launching sims 4
Please add these information
1. All your selected options at setup of ReShade and full path of the selected game executable in the dialog
2. Enumerate all name of files and folders in same folder as containing the game executable
3. If exists d3d9.log file, paste the content here
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by seri14.

• lialia54
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #5 by lialia54 Replied by lialia54 on topic Reshade isn’t launching sims 4
1. It is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe
Also I chose Direct3D 9 and I chose yes to install the standard collection of effects.

2. In the Bin folder with the game there is the folders: Core, Python, res, and reshade-shaders
There is the files:
Default.ini
d3d9.dll
EAWebKit.dll
EAWebKit_x64.dll
GraphicsCards.sgr
GraphicsRules.sgr
python37.dll
python37_x64.dll
ReShade.ini
Simulation.dll
Simulation_x64.dll
TS4.exe
TS4_x64.exe

3. I couldn't find the log file

Thanks again for your help

• seri14
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #6 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Reshade isn’t launching sims 4
Open the Task Manager while running the game.
Check the process name(like TS4) and number of bits of the game application process of The Sims 4.
If there is not equal between the process name and the game executable of your selected in the dialog, you must select another one.
ReShade.dll can not switching between 32 bits and 64 bits after install.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by seri14.

• lialia54
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #7 by lialia54 Replied by lialia54 on topic Reshade isn’t launching sims 4
It says 32 but the only options in the 'bin' folder were TS4.exe and TS4_x64.exe, there was no 32 bit option that I could find

EDIT: Wait I tried installing it in TS4.exe and it worked! Thank you so much for all the help I didn't realise it was installed in the wrong one
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by lialia54. Reason: problem was solved

• seri14
More
5 years 3 months ago #8 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Reshade isn’t launching sims 4
Is not the game launcher have the option?
answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Pr...-Origin/td-p/5868367

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.