Star Trek Elite Force 1 & 2

• Ricky
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #1 by Ricky Star Trek Elite Force 1 & 2 was created by Ricky
I use Reshade 4.1.1. which I believe is a great application.

When I try to start Elite Force 1 under windows (AMD Graphic card) it does not start. When I remove the opengl32.dll it runs normally.
It does run perflectly though under a different windows system (Intel Graphics).

With Elite Force 2, it runs on both Intel and AMD graphic PC's but only after chaning the opengl32.dll into dxgi.dll. Then the next problem: I am not able to use the mouse in the Reshade GUI. It sticks exactly in the middle. Any suggestions how I can tackle both problems?
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Ricky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lowenz
More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Star Trek Elite Force 1 & 2
Use keyboard shortcut ;)

• brazzjazz
More
5 years 2 months ago #3 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Star Trek Elite Force 1 & 2
For Elite Force 1, you could try renaming the exe file. I assume you already have tried renaming opengl32.dll to dxgi.dll (or some other name, there is a list of alternatives somewhere on this forum).

As to mouse access, this is a problem I've encountered a couple of times. Sometimes you can get the mouse cursor unstuck by getting the game into windowed mode and / or by opening a menu and / or the console before trying to access the ReShade GUI. Luckily you can always use the keyboard as well, though that takes some getting used to.

• Ricky
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #4 by Ricky Replied by Ricky on topic Star Trek Elite Force 1 & 2
Thank you for your suggestion, however it did not work.

Elite Force 1 Indeed I changed opengl32.dll to dxgi.dl but in that case it skips ReShade all together. The strange thing is that Holomatch (stvoyHM.exe) works perfectly with Reshade.Tried changing the .exe for EF1 but no luck.

Elite Force 2 Also getting the cursor unstuck seems impossible. I am not aware how the keyboard works with ReShade, but I prefer mouse.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Ricky.

• lowenz
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #5 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Star Trek Elite Force 1 & 2

Ricky wrote: Thank you for your suggestion, however it did not work.

Elite Force 1 Indeed I changed opengl32.dll to dxgi.dl but in that case it skips ReShade all together. The strange thing is that Holomatch (stvoyHM.exe) works perfectly with Reshade.Tried changing the .exe for EF1 but no luck.

Elite Force 2 Also getting the cursor unstuck seems impossible. I am not aware how the keyboard works with ReShade, but I prefer mouse.

ReShade implements keyboard support 'cause is NOT possible to rely on the mouse support in every existing game.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by lowenz.

• Ricky
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #6 by Ricky Replied by Ricky on topic Star Trek Elite Force 1 & 2
Thank you for your response.

Elite force 1 works now with Reshade. A different .exe fixed it.
@lowenz, I will try to figure out how to get it to work with keyboard.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.