Keeps saying this needs to update

• ReeceyB
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #1 by ReeceyB Keeps saying this needs to update was created by ReeceyB
So, I'm trying to use the latest version of Reshade, 4.1.1 on Starbound. The previous version worked, but the newest one comes with a lot of bugs, like how I have to hit the hotkey to open the menu twice as it opens an uninteractable menu the first time, and how it won't let me edit things, only enable/disable shaders and effects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Keeps saying this needs to update
Try doing a clean reinstall. If the problem still occurs, take a screen and place it here, we'll try to solve it.

• ReeceyB
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #3 by ReeceyB Replied by ReeceyB on topic Keeps saying this needs to update
Ok so I don't know how to take screenshots, but after reinstalling reshade, it now forever gets stuck at loading shaders, and it won't load any of them and won't let me do anything, I had to task manager shut down Starbound. Please fix it, I don't know how to get to the logs section without being able to even get into the menu as it won't let me anymore. Its even more broken now.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Keeps saying this needs to update
Ok, try this: Uninstall reshade completely, then launch Starbound to make sure there no problem with the game.
Reinstall reshade with administrator rights (not sure it could help, but why not try) and check the effects you want to load.

If it keeps causing issues a screenshot might help. There are several ways to do those, like using steam, you GPU brand software or other third-part programs.
If you have the game on steam, just press F12. Alternatively, press Alt+F1 if you have Nvidia GPU or Ctrl+Shift+E if you have AMD.

• ReeceyB
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #5 by ReeceyB Replied by ReeceyB on topic Keeps saying this needs to update
I've done that before, and I tried the screenshot keys, but it won't work probably because reshade now forever freezes the game when installed, I've even tried the other screenshot hotkeys

• Duran.te
More
5 years 2 months ago #6 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Keeps saying this needs to update
Does this issue occurs only in Starbound? If so, it's possible that newer version of reshade conflicts somehow with this game in particular.
Maybe some future update may solve the problem. Until then, i'm afraid you'll have to use an older - working version.

• ReeceyB
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #7 by ReeceyB Replied by ReeceyB on topic Keeps saying this needs to update
Well after uninstalling again and updating to a newer version now, it still persist and I have to open the menu twice to configure it, and a 3rd time to exit the menu... Also I took a pic of the errors in the log yet don't know how to upload here

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago #8 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Keeps saying this needs to update
You can upload your screens on any image - uploading sites, then link them here.
However, If the error is indicated in the log, you can simply paste it here in textual form. Log file is situated in your game's folder.

• ReeceyB
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #9 by ReeceyB Replied by ReeceyB on topic Keeps saying this needs to update
Btw Idk what happened after awhile it went away, just had to constantly reinstall and uninstall reshade a great many of times : /

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.