Sims 4> Unable To Download Archive?

• chibi_bunny
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by chibi_bunny Sims 4> Unable To Download Archive? was created by chibi_bunny
So I've been seeing other YouTubers do Reshade to make their Sims 4 game look beautiful, but I can't seem to download Reshade! For example, when I open the installer, I pick my game (sims 4), I pick the rendering API, but then it says, "Unable To Download Archive". Now, I've done this since the last update. This update still doesn't work. However, I saw the black banner on top of my Sims 4 game... so I tried to put shaders, but it didn't work. Basiclly, I need to know a solution to make reshade NOT say, " Unable To Download Archive". :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago #2 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Sims 4> Unable To Download Archive?
You can still put shaders manually to your shader folder. If, when in game, they don't appear in the interface, navigate to Reshade's " Settings " tab, then insert the right shaders folder path in " Effect Search paths " and reload.

• chibi_bunny
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #3 by chibi_bunny Replied by chibi_bunny on topic Sims 4> Unable To Download Archive?
Thanks! But how do I manually insert reshade in? :silly:

• Duran.te
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #4 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Sims 4> Unable To Download Archive?
Download shaders from the official GitHub Repository , then drag them into your reshade-shaders folder located in your game directory.

• chibi_bunny
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #5 by chibi_bunny Replied by chibi_bunny on topic Sims 4> Unable To Download Archive?
:S :( This is SO confusing! I don't know what I did wrong, but I don't even HAVE the reshade-shaders file in my bin folder! i'm in such a mess... also, i made sure i downloaded it, but of course, it says unable to download archive :/
Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by chibi_bunny.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #6 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Sims 4> Unable To Download Archive?
If you have Reshade files (in your case they should be d3d9.dll and ReShade.ini) in your game directory except the folder reshade-shaders, create it by yourself and put there what's contained in the GitHub Repository I linked above.

However, If you can't see Reshade files in the game directory, you have to reinstall reshade. If it keeps giving you problems, just press "No" when the setup asks you to download effects from GitHub.

This is how your game folder should be like (it can also contain any other game files and sub-folders inside, of course):
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by Duran.te.

• chibi_bunny
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #7 by chibi_bunny Replied by chibi_bunny on topic Sims 4> Unable To Download Archive?
Huh. I just installed reshade again as you said, but reshade.ini isn't in my bin folder. I reinstalled this about 3 times :/. Also, I opened up Sims but the black banner now says, "There was some trouble compiling some shaders." What can I do?
Also, THANK YOU for trying to help me, I really appreciate it!

• Duran.te
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #8 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Sims 4> Unable To Download Archive?
Which shaders give you problems? Could you provide a screen?

• chibi_bunny
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #9 by chibi_bunny Replied by chibi_bunny on topic Sims 4> Unable To Download Archive?
Hi! I dunno which shaders, as I didn't put any inside yet.
I'm new, so how do I add pictures?
I was gonna give you my bin folder and what it looks like.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.