Grim Dawn and Win10 1607vs1809 differences

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #1 by MonarchX Grim Dawn and Win10 1607vs1809 differences was created by MonarchX
There is an issue with GTA V ReShade + ENB combination. ReShade 4.2.1 works fine with it + ENB on Windows 10 1809, but not Windows 10 1607. Windows 10 1607 only works with ReShade + ENB if ReShade version 2.0.3... Why would ReShade + ENB act differently on Windows 10 1607 and Windows 10 1809? The only related difference I know of is that Windows 1607 does not support what is known as "Fullscreen Exclusive Mode Optimization" (FSE), while Windows 1809 does support FSE.

Grim Dawn was recently patched to 1.1.1.0 and the new expansion came out. ReShade 4.2.1 stopped working, the log does not specify why, the game loads into black screen and stays there permanently. ReShade 2.0.3 works fine. How do I troubleshoot that? Disabling FSE for any of the Grim Dawn EXE (be they old x86 EXE or new x64 EXE) makes no difference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #2 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Grim Dawn and Win10 1607vs1809 differences
Grim Dawn solution was easy renaming from DXGI to D3D11. I just don't understand why the NAME of the DLL matters in some cases...

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #3 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Grim Dawn and Win10 1607vs1809 differences
ReShade 4.2.1 stopped working again... When I renamed DXGI.DLL to D3D11.DLL, it worked fine for a single gameplay session, then the game stopped loading again and would just load a black screen. DXGI.DLL and D3D11.DLL and ReShade64.DLL wouldn't work, the game would load into black screen and hang there.

I went back to ReShade 2.0.3 and it worked every single time. What is so different between ReShade 4.2.1 and 2.0.3? With exception of Metal Gear Solid V, every game I played that wouldn't work with the latest ReShade versions would work with version 2.0.3, which is like a gold standard.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.