How to uninstall reshade for newer version

• Undyingend
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Undyingend How to uninstall reshade for newer version was created by Undyingend
Hey guys, so I have 5 games using an older version of reshade. The exe file is in my downloads folder. How do I remove the old reshade exe??? Do I just uninstall in control panel? Also, do I have to uninstall reshade from all games, delete exe, install new version, then re install the reshade? Or can I just delete the old exe and install the new reshade version and play right away?? What do I do? Much help needed for a noob hahaha :) thanks.

Also I'm absolutely in love with reshade so thank you guys for everything :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic How to uninstall reshade for newer version
The exe is just a helper tool to install ReShade. What you do with it is irrelevant once you used it to install ReShade to a game. Move it, delete it, ... doesn't matter.
To update just use the new exe and install ReShade to the same game again. It will ask you whether you want to overwrite the existing installation, which you answer with yes and that's it.
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by crosire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.