Flickering Depth Buffer List

• Netrve
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 days ago #1 by Netrve Flickering Depth Buffer List was created by Netrve
Heya everyone,
so I was recently playing around with ReShade and the new Alpha 17 of 7 Days to Die, which included the engine update, in hopes of getting it to work fully. Sadly, there is no depth buffer access for now, but during the testing I came across a weird behavior within the DX11 tab under which the buffers are listed. The problem that occurs is a rapid item being shown and hidden. Depending on where it shows up it can cause the rest of the list to constantly jump up and down, which makes it hard to pick a certain item.

Given I don't know what this is caused by, I wondered if it is a known problem or just for this game and if there is a possible fix for this?

Greetings,
Netrve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 6 days ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Flickering Depth Buffer List
The list is refreshed every frame and the game apparently changes rendering behavior between frame (like only updating shadow maps every few frames or similar), so the number of used depth buffers flunctuates, which causes the list to rapidly change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Netrve

• Netrve
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 days ago #3 by Netrve Replied by Netrve on topic Flickering Depth Buffer List
Thank you for your quick answer crosire!
I do have a few follow up questions then if you don't mind: Would you call it difficult to increase the time between refreshes within the code and would it come with other possible side effects like other parts of the UI not updating?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.