Depth buffer not being used.

• gonzo
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #1 by gonzo Depth buffer not being used. was created by gonzo
I've been trying to get Reshade to work for Rocket League on my PC for over a month now, I've given up multiple times but I keep coming back to it. The normal shaders work fine, but those who require the depth buffer don't. Everyone who I know who uses Reshade on Rocket League has no issues. I seem to be the only one with this issue because I can't find anything similar on Google.
There are very few things left that I haven't tried. You guys are my only hope right now and I would highly appreciate some help.
Here is a pastebin of my log, thought it might be useful: pastebin.com/PsmEjxyT

Edit: I just remembered I got recommended to try using Nvidia's game filters Ansel. It works like a charm, it has no problem finding the depth buffer. Reshade only has this issue.
Also here are a few of the things that I have tried:
Installed many different versions of Reshade (dx9, dx10 and opengl)
Tried messing around with all the global buffer parameters
Tried disabling all effects in the game, dof, bloom, AA, vertical sync, etc. And testing all kinds of different resolutions (I have a 3440x1440 monitor)
Tried disabling global AA in Nvidia's control panel
Updated all directx files
Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10
Disabling antivirus and firewall before a fresh install of Reshade and running it
Disabling all overlays in the game, (shadowplay, ansel, steam overlay and bakkesmod)
Reinstalling the game
Running everything in administrative mode
Reshade manager
Launching the game with no internet access
And I even tried fiddling with the code within the .fx files
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by gonzo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thalixte
More
4 years 11 months ago #2 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer not being used.
Do you play online ? If it is the case, depth buffer is not retrieved when online, so shaders relying on it will not work properly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzo

• gonzo
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #3 by gonzo Replied by gonzo on topic Depth buffer not being used.
It is an online game for sure but I don't intend to use Reshade in that way. I would like to record clips of replays, which can be viewed offline, and make creative things out of them. Such as montages and edits.

• gonzo
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #4 by gonzo Replied by gonzo on topic Depth buffer not being used.

thalixte wrote: Do you play online ? If it is the case, depth buffer is not retrieved when online, so shaders relying on it will not work properly.

Thalixte would you be so kind and troubleshoot this with me somehow? I am desperate, I've been trying to get this to work for so long. I will donate to you :)
Please add me on discord if you can : Gonzo#7550
If you can't, I fully understand.

If anyone else can fix this for me I will give you money as well.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by gonzo.

• Blacksmyth
More
3 years 5 months ago #5 by Blacksmyth Replied by Blacksmyth on topic Depth buffer not being used.
I started steam in offline mode and it all works for me. Sort of dumb to get it to work but it does work homie.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.