Reshade difficulty in RPG Maker MV Edition

• anontsuki
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #1 by anontsuki Reshade difficulty in RPG Maker MV Edition was created by anontsuki
Hellow, I've been playing a few RPGMaker games of a certain "genre" and there appears to be some sort of difficulty in getting ReShade to work. I know on really old RPGMaker versions, ReShade won't work because RPGMaker uses it's own rendering style that's not API Compliant, but the newer versions of RPGMaker tend to work.

I don't know what's needed for this to be looked into, but here's the log in pastebin so you can look at it better.
pastebin.com/Qg7b0DWs

The issue is that although ReShade starts to hook into the program, the game will only show a black screen. I can't do anything and I can't see anything, aside from ReShade telling me it has loaded, which, that message won't go away either.

Before posting this I spent some time to find an example that can be downloaded for free to test on, this is a demo for some RPG game using RPGMaker MV (appears to be MV) and the same issue occurs here for me too.

fusoloid.itch.io/abigail-fortune-2-demo

I hope this is enough information to find a reason for the issue.

Thank you very much for your time =).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade difficulty in RPG Maker MV Edition
Got rendering to work, but input will simply not work. The engine creates multiple processes, one of which handles input and one of which handles rendering. Therefore there are two ReShade instances, one which gets all the input commands and one which gets all the rendering commands, but they are sandboxed and so cannot communicate with each other. Not much I can do about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anontsuki

• anontsuki
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #3 by anontsuki Replied by anontsuki on topic Reshade difficulty in RPG Maker MV Edition
Ooo, I see. Well, with rendering working, is it possible to configure ReShade using an .ini file to load up things and have it work correctly?

• crosire
More
4 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade difficulty in RPG Maker MV Edition
Yeah, sure, that works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anontsuki

• anontsuki
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #5 by anontsuki Replied by anontsuki on topic Reshade difficulty in RPG Maker MV Edition
Thanks for looking into it, Crosire.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.