KOTOR/KOTOR II issues with ReShade 4

• Niko of Death
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #1 by Niko of Death KOTOR/KOTOR II issues with ReShade 4 was created by Niko of Death
After working with ReShade 3.4.1, KOTOR I & II (OpenGL 1.4) stopped working for me on ReShade 4.0.0 and above. For ReShade 4 versions before 4.2.0, it crashes with something like
07:04:26:137 [10192] | INFO  | Redirecting 'wglCreateContext(005F0378)' ...
07:04:26:137 [10192] | INFO  | > Passing on to 'wglCreateLayerContext' ...
07:04:26:137 [10192] | INFO  | Redirecting 'wglCreateLayerContext(005F0378, 0)' ...
07:04:26:137 [10192] | WARN  | > 'wglCreateLayerContext' failed with error code 6!
07:04:26:137 [10192] | INFO  | Redirecting 'wglMakeCurrent(005F0378, 00000000)' ...
07:04:26:137 [10192] | WARN  | > 'wglMakeCurrent' failed with error code 6!
07:04:27:508 [10192] | INFO  | Exiting ...
07:04:27:508 [10192] | INFO  | Uninstalling 386 hook(s) ...
07:04:27:555 [10192] | INFO  | Exited.
With ReShade 4.2.0/4.2.1, it launches successfully, but many shaders cause the screen to go completely black.
Out of the ones I tested, AdaptiveSharpen.fx, Colorfulness.fx, Deband.fx, Denoise.fx, DPX.fx, FakeHDR.fx, FilmicPass.fx, Levels.fx, LumaSharpen.fx, SMAA.fx, Tonemap.fx, Vibrance.fx displayed this issue, while AmbientLight.fx, Bloom.fx, Curves.fx, DepthHaze.fx, DOF.fx, LUT.fx, MagicBloom.fx, MultiLUT.fx, MXAO.fx, ReflectiveBumpMapping.fx, Splitscreen.fx, UIMask.fx did not (though it should be noted MagicBloom is broken compared to 3.4.1, as its way overexposed compared to what it looked like there).
In case it could be a driver issue, my graphics card is an RX 580, on the latest drivers (19.4.3).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SavvyKraken
More
4 years 11 months ago #2 by SavvyKraken Replied by SavvyKraken on topic KOTOR/KOTOR II issues with ReShade 4
I can confirm this. After upgrading my computer, I can't play Reshade with Kotor 2 at all.

• Niko of Death
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #3 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic KOTOR/KOTOR II issues with ReShade 4
I saw the recent opengl related commits on the github and compiled to see if they fixed this issue, thankfully it does fix the black screen issue, but it seems the "broken" shaders are still broken. For example, SMAA does not work at all, with the edge texture showing pure black in statistics (and not showing at all when using the "view edges" option), displaydepth showing nothing (even though MXAO still works, weirdly it shows pure red for the depth tex in statistics despite working).
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• Niko of Death
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #4 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic KOTOR/KOTOR II issues with ReShade 4
Is there anything that can be done on the application side to fix this issue, or is it something that has to be fixed on the shader end?

• crosire
More
4 years 4 days ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic KOTOR/KOTOR II issues with ReShade 4
Tried 4.6.1 in KOTOR 1 and cannot reproduce issues. Started new game and SMAA works (albeit being limitied, because the game features some really heavy aliasing). Edge texture shows correctly too. Same thing with DisplayDepth, it shows depth correctly.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.