How to get ReShade to work on Project64 emulator?

• legaiaflame
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #1 by legaiaflame How to get ReShade to work on Project64 emulator? was created by legaiaflame
I'm trying to get ReShade to work on Project 64, a Nintendo 64 emulator. I've only managed to get it to work somewhat with the glide64 plugin, but none of the other plugins work. Which means I'm limited to that plugin and not all games work properly with glide64. Has anyone got it working with the other plugins? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• legaiaflame
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #2 by legaiaflame Replied by legaiaflame on topic How to get ReShade to work on Project64 emulator?
I sort of figured out how to use the Rice plugin:

-Alternate Project64 method: Rehade Setup will install one of 3 DLL files in your main emulator directory/folder: d3d9.dll, dxgi.dll, or opengl32.dll. If you already installed ReShade with OpenGL change the main dll file that ReShade made to d3d9.dll. Note: make sure you know what the original dll file name was before you change it, in case you want to change it back. This will allow you to use the Rice video plugin. Note, might not work on every game. The Rice plugin looks better resolution-wise if your using ReShade Depth3D with VR.

-1964 emulator (N64 Emulator, copy and paste plugins from project64 to 1964 plugin folder) Now add one more plugin to that folder. Go find and download RiceVideo 6.1.4 and paste its contents into the 1964 emulator plugin folder. Note, again you will have various results with different games. Try all the plugins or reinstall ReShade with OpenGL and use the glide64 plugin. Switch back and forth between Project 64 and 1964, using different plugins to see what works best for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.