Skyrim LE ReShade4 incompatible with SKSE plugins

• NeOniq
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #1 by NeOniq Skyrim LE ReShade4 incompatible with SKSE plugins was created by NeOniq
On Skyrim LE I always used the ENB on my heavy modded Skyrim for years. i decided to remove the ENB and tried the Reshade v4.2 (then v4.3 too), DX9 binary, but got strange game behavior:
+ menu and filters works fine.
- NPCs flyings in the air
- NPCs moonwalking
- When I tried to go out from one location to another, I got infinite loading screems

When I disabled the [Better Jumping] SKSE plugin NPCs stopped to fly in the air.
When I disabled all 693 mods on left pane of the Mod Organizer 2 and run a Vanilla game - all NPCs walked normally.
Within the D3d9..log I have only two error messages with the same text:
"hardware rendering ...
00:00:37:844 [04540] | WARN | > IDirect3D9::CreateDevice failed with error code 0x88760868!"

Of course, when I use the ENB instead of Reshade, I don't have any problems at all.

I can not refuse the mods - I am using them for years.
I assume that it's impossible to have Reshade 4 on Skyrim Classic? Or there is something I can do with it to make it work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Deathmedic
More
4 years 10 months ago #2 by Deathmedic Replied by Deathmedic on topic Skyrim LE ReShade4 incompatible with SKSE plugins
The flying npcs might be from your frame rate, as the physics go wild when over 60fps.

• NeOniq
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #3 by NeOniq Replied by NeOniq on topic Skyrim LE ReShade4 incompatible with SKSE plugins

The flying npcs might be from your frame rate, as the physics go wild when over 60fps.

I have SKSE plugin called Havok fix for fast frame rates above 60 FPS. It helps to achieve faster latency for the Papyrus engine on heavy modded Skyrim LE, because the papyrus latency is strictly tied to FPS, as the Havok engine. But it seems that when I use Reshade, the Havok fix does not work properly.
And, as I said, when I run a Vanilla game without mods, without the Havok fix SKSE plugins, I have unlocked frame rate, and NPCs are not flying - they walking normally at 120 FPS.
After all these experiments, I deleted the Reshade, enabled all mods, returned my ENB preset and binary - all works normally, as it should be. That is why I am sure that the ReShade is incompatible with the SKSE mods, besides I gave an example, when I mentioned the Better Jumping SKSE plugin.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by NeOniq.

• Deathmedic
More
4 years 10 months ago #4 by Deathmedic Replied by Deathmedic on topic Skyrim LE ReShade4 incompatible with SKSE plugins
ReShade is not incompatible with SKSE mods as I have used many of them with no issue.
I did look up the mod you mention, www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/91598 , that one i'm guessing
it says at the bottom that is incompatible with Rivatuner Statistics Server which provides an overlay for hardware stats, which might be similer to reshades as it also has an overly for it's ui and a time/fps. maybe ask the mod auther if he knows.

• NeOniq
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #5 by NeOniq Replied by NeOniq on topic Skyrim LE ReShade4 incompatible with SKSE plugins
Thanks for heading me! I disabled the Havok fix mod (all hundreds of mods are active) and confirm, that the issue is gone after that. But, unfortunately, I can not refuse of the Havok fix, since this mod is the only tool which provides stable physics on high FPS, and this FPS is really needed for good latency of the Papyrus script engine.
I measured the latency using the Jaxonz Diagnistics ( www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62346 ) - the latency is better on frame rates higher than 60. Even a small amount of free milliseconds is very valuable for heavy scripted mods.
Looking forward to see the fix for these situation in future!
P.S.
Sorry for my English, it's not native to me.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by NeOniq.

• Martigen
More
4 years 10 months ago #6 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Skyrim LE ReShade4 incompatible with SKSE plugins
Something else you could try -- you can chain-load Reshade from ENB using ENB's dll-loading feature. There's a tutorial somewhere here (or undoubtedly, on the web) to do this.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.