Reshade is not working! Pls help ASAP!!!!!

• yusqueen
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #1 by yusqueen Reshade is not working! Pls help ASAP!!!!! was created by yusqueen
Ok so I just recently installed re shade onto Sims 4 and I was really excited and downloaded 3 presets to use, so I followed a youtube tutorial and did everything they said but when I click on the preset nothing happens, now I'm not very tech savy so I don't know what to do in the settings and I need serious help so somebody pls respond cause I desperatly want shaders in my game. Plllssssss consider helping me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• yusqueen
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #2 by yusqueen Replied by yusqueen on topic Reshade is not working! Pls help ASAP!!!!!
Ok somebody pls help me I really need help and nobody is responding and 22 people have viewed this.

• Wicked Sick
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #3 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Reshade is not working! Pls help ASAP!!!!!
Ok, I will try.

1. Download ReShade from the home page button;
2. Extract the exe to the The Sims 4 folder where the main game executable is;
3. Run it and pick the right API fro this game (must be a Direct X game);
4. After that, drop the presets where the game main exe is, which is also where ReShade's DLLs should be;
5. See if it works, if so, open the ReShade's overlay with the Home button, it is the default key;
6. At the first tab, you should see a field to select one of the presets that you have downloaded (you may also given them some unique names to the files)

PS: if those presets are too old, they may not work because ReShade did go under some changes some time ago.
I will try to download this game and see if it works with ReShade on my end, it was free some time ago, so, will cost me nothing to try that for you.

EDIT: But it has to be tomorrow, I am going to sleep now, I have to go to work in a few hours.

EDIT 2:

Hi, sorry for taking so long. The download has finished and I was able to test this game with ReShade over here, and it works. You should install ReShade in that path: The Sims 4 -> Game -> Bin drop the files, ReShade's and the presets you want to use, here and you are all set to go.

Just remember, if the preset is too old, my not work with the latest ReShade.

"19:23:00:125 [11624] | INFO | Initializing crosire's ReShade version '4.3.0.563' (64-bit) built on '2019-05-25 19:00:11' loaded from "W:\Origin\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\dxgi.dll" to "W:\Origin\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe" ..."
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Wicked Sick.

• yusqueen
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #4 by yusqueen Replied by yusqueen on topic Reshade is not working! Pls help ASAP!!!!!
Thank you for the help so much however how do I determine if the shader is to old for sims 4 or not? Please reply to me soon thank you!

• Hary
More
4 years 10 months ago #5 by Hary Replied by Hary on topic Reshade is not working! Pls help ASAP!!!!!

Wicked Sick wrote: Ok, I will try.

1. Download ReShade from the home page button;
2. Extract the exe to the The Sims 4 folder where the main game executable is;
3. Run it and pick the right API fro this game (must be a Direct X game);
4. After that, drop the presets where the game main exe is, which is also where ReShade's DLLs should be;
5. See if it works, if so, open the ReShade's overlay with the Home button, it is the default key;
6. At the first tab, you should see a field to select one of the presets that you have downloaded (you may also given them some unique names to the files)

PS: if those presets are too old, they may not work because ReShade did go under some changes some time ago.
I will try to download this game and see if it works with ReShade on my end, it was free some time ago, so, will cost me nothing to try that for you.

EDIT: But it has to be tomorrow, I am going to sleep now, I have to go to work in a few hours.

EDIT 2:

Hi, sorry for taking so long. The download has finished and I was able to test this game with ReShade over here, and it works. You should install ReShade in that path: The Sims 4 -> Game -> Bin drop the files, ReShade's and the presets you want to use, here and you are all set to go.

Just remember, if the preset is too old, my not work with the latest ReShade.

"19:23:00:125 [11624] | INFO | Initializing crosire's ReShade version '4.3.0.563' (64-bit) built on '2019-05-25 19:00:11' loaded from "W:\Origin\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\dxgi.dll" to "W:\Origin\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe" ..."

Sry for asking about a different topic but i too seem to have the issue of reshade not working after installing but in Metro exodus. It worked before but after updating to 1903 it seemed to have stopped working. I saw another guy reply to my thread saying it works for other games but except for metro. I dont have any clue on how to fix this. Can you please send some help my way?

• Wicked Sick
More
4 years 10 months ago #6 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Reshade is not working! Pls help ASAP!!!!!
@yusqueen

When you launch the game, if a shader fails to compile, then it may be old or broken some how. Can you link me to whatever you are trying to use?

@Hary

Wish I could help you, man. I don't have that Metro yet. Can you link me to this reply from the other thread? You can always use the old version of ReShade until a new one works again.

• Hary
More
4 years 10 months ago #7 by Hary Replied by Hary on topic Reshade is not working! Pls help ASAP!!!!!

Wicked Sick wrote: @yusqueen

When you launch the game, if a shader fails to compile, then it may be old or broken some how. Can you link me to whatever you are trying to use?

@Hary

Wish I could help you, man. I don't have that Metro yet. Can you link me to this reply from the other thread? You can always use the old version of ReShade until a new one works again.

Here's the thread. reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/5473-me...rking-after-win-1903
Also i figured out that after the 1903 update, MS changed some stuffs on the d3d11.dll file and the d3d9 file. I saw a complaint on discord about a dx9 game not working with reshade after the update to 1903. I think a new update of reshade is needed to work with the 1903 for SOME games.

• HorridAim
More
4 years 10 months ago #8 by HorridAim Replied by HorridAim on topic Reshade is not working! Pls help ASAP!!!!!
i agree.. i hit this issue head on with my laptop games just crash at startup, or dont load menus.. i have my desktop computer it works fine on..removing as many variables as i can i discovered that my desktop is on 18xx and my laptop is on 19xx versions of windows 10...

• a1chera_
More
4 years 10 months ago #9 by a1chera_ Replied by a1chera_ on topic Reshade is not working! Pls help ASAP!!!!!
YEP Same here. Updated to 1903 last night, and now ReShade is broken in a ton of games. I really hope a fix is in the works. @crosire

• a1chera_
More
4 years 10 months ago #10 by a1chera_ Replied by a1chera_ on topic Reshade is not working! Pls help ASAP!!!!!
@yusqueen What fixed this issue for me was installing ReShade Dx9 instead of Dx11.

• yusqueen
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #11 by yusqueen Replied by yusqueen on topic Reshade is not working! Pls help ASAP!!!!!
Ok I then need help uninstallin reshade cause idk how

• amoebae
More
4 years 9 months ago #12 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic Reshade is not working! Pls help ASAP!!!!!

yusqueen wrote: Ok I then need help uninstallin reshade cause idk how

There's a comprehensive FAQ and troubleshooting thread at the top of this forum that will help you uninstall ReShade.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.