Unable to build from source

• forgath
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #1 by forgath Unable to build from source was created by forgath
Hello,

I cloned the repository on my PC and opened the project with Visual Studio 2019.
When I try to build the Solution, it stops at ReShade with this error
Error	MSB3073	The command "tools\verbuild res\version.h *.*.*.+ -xFP -b0.0.0.0 -s
:VCEnd" exited with code -1073741515.	ReShade	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets	128	

I can't seem to find what the problem exactly is, any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Unable to build from source
Try and create an empty text file called "version.h" in the "res" folder and rebuild.

• forgath
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #3 by forgath Replied by forgath on topic Unable to build from source
Hey, thanks for the reply!
Sadly, it didn't work. I get the same error plus some more errors of undeclaration.
I tried declaring some constant inside version.h and they go away, but the error regarding version.h is always there, without a file, with an empty file or with a file with some lines.
Maybe it's something missing in the environment, but i don't understand what.

• crosire
More
4 years 9 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Unable to build from source
Exit code -1073741515 is error code 0xc0000135, which means a dependency is missing. You are likely missing the Visual C++ 2012 redistributable.

• forgath
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #5 by forgath Replied by forgath on topic [SOLVED] Unable to build from source
You were right, I had the 64bit redistributable but not the 32bit ones installed.
Now it works like a charm.
Thank you very much!

• tomw
More
4 years 9 months ago #6 by tomw Replied by tomw on topic Unable to build from source
Checking your redistributable and make sure you install the 32 bit.
clicker heroes

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.