ReShade 4.3.0 crashes and deletes itself

• Zethras
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #1 by Zethras ReShade 4.3.0 crashes and deletes itself was created by Zethras
First things first: Hi everyone :P
Secondly....I'm experiencing a weird problem with latest ReShade release. Basically, as soon as I open the setup.exe file, I can make it to the "chose the game" step and then the installer crashes. Moreover, the ReShade installer just deletes itself after this, and that's what baffles me the most. I tried creating a custom rule in Windows Defender and even tried temporarily deactivate it, but to no avail. Tried the Windows 8 compatibility and even running the installer as administrator seems to not work. This problem, however, only shows up with the 4.3 release and I'm able to install the 4.2.1 version just fine. And out of clarity: alla files has been downloaded from this site and not from third party sources

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
4 years 9 months ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic ReShade 4.3.0 crashes and deletes itself
It sounds like it's being quarantined by Windows Defender or another anti-virus tool. I don't know if a custom rule will work for WD but you can go into its quarantine and say 'restore file' to reverse it.

• Zethras
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #3 by Zethras Replied by Zethras on topic ReShade 4.3.0 crashes and deletes itself
Ok, I found the Issue :angry: apparently in my pc was isntalled an antivirus called "Segurazo" which I was unaware of (which, by the way, was causing my cpu to spike to 70(100% usage). I removed it and now crashes are gone :pinch:

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.