Dragon Age Inquisition

• Orphanus
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #1 by Orphanus Dragon Age Inquisition was created by Orphanus
Hello there,

i saw some older discussions about this problem, but none of the solutions presented there has worked for me. I installed the lastest version of ReShade for Dragon Age 3 to utilize it but it does crash to desktop on start of the game.
When i rename the dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll ReShade does not start, but the game does.
I reinstalled the visual c++, tried to make the enbinjector do the trick (though i have no real clue how it should do that, maybe i did that wrong), i have no overlays active (as far as i know, deactivated origin overlay, uninstalled geforce experience) and i am not sure if there is anything with my graphic settings (all maxed out) for the game, but i wouldn't know what it could be.
I really hope you can help me, it is really disheartening seeing all those beautiful reshades for the game and being utterly unable to use any of them. :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
4 years 9 months ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Dragon Age Inquisition
I'm not sure whether d3d11.dll would even work, but have you tried renaming dxgi.dll to d3d9.dll or dinput.dll? Also try dsound.dll, dinput8.dll, ddraw.dll.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orphanus

• Orphanus
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #3 by Orphanus Replied by Orphanus on topic Dragon Age Inquisition
Thank you, i will try that, d3d9.dll i've tried cause i thought that would work 'cause it has the same number of xhdgt.dll but it did nothing. I guess because the setting for the installation needs to be dx10+ for it to work at all(?).
But i will try all those others, i did not even stumble over a thread with alternate suggestions for the d3d11.dll so far! You have my grattitude. :)

Edit: it seems that ReShade can't hook any other .dll or maybe it has to do with the count of letters before the .dll :/
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Orphanus.

• brazzjazz
More
4 years 9 months ago #4 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Dragon Age Inquisition
No, you're on the wrong track, it has nothing to do with letter count or anything like that. Rather - as I understand it - Windows itself looks for certain DLLs to pick up based on the API (DirectX, OpenGL) the game uses. What I meant with d3d9.dll is to take the dxgi.dll and rename it. A Direct3D 11 game obviously needs the correct DLL for it, but sometimes it only gets loaded when it has another name. You can also try ENBInjector to manually force injection. That may be flagged as a cheating tool in some (competitive multiplayer) games. Also, the way you know a DLL was loaded is not that you get the ReShade overlay; that only happens when it SUCCESSFULLY loaded. If you get a LOG file with the same name as the ReShade DLL, then the DLL was loaded at least partially. Look at the time signature to check whether it was loaded a moment ago or whether that log file was actually from an earlier boot of the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orphanus

• Orphanus
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #5 by Orphanus Replied by Orphanus on topic Dragon Age Inquisition
That's good to know. I tried the renaming thing, but either it does not load ReShade at all or i get the "can't hook..." Error in the log file. :/

I tried ENB but i did it wrong i think, cause it also had no effect whatsoever. I guess the solution of my problem lies beyond my own capabilities when it comes to tech stuff, thanks for your efforts, though, that is really appreciated!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.