[SOLVED] Reshade hooked games suuuper slow or crash

• Jkl
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1 by Jkl [solved]Reshade hooked games suuuper slow or crash was created by Jkl
I had to build a new pc with freshly installed w10 pro.
I simply connected my emulators hdd, with emulators like retroarch, redream, supermodel and so on that on my previous pc with the pretty same gpu and very similar hardware (z370 instead of z390, same cpu) were working flawlessy.

In the new one, they seem to load after several time, I'd say about 1 min, but if I delete reshade instantly they work as they should. Some of them isn't loading at all.

Software wise I just have OS, directx9.0c, directx SDK and visual c rutines installed, and of course all of the drivers are up to date (nvidia drivers up to date).

Can't really figure out this behaviour. On the same new pc, emulators like mame with reshade hooking loads up just normally.

Any help please?
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Jkl. Reason: solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jkl
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #2 by Jkl Replied by Jkl on topic Reshade hooked games suuuper slow or crash
Update: the problem doesn't affect jsut emulators, it seems that everything that was previously working has super slow launch time if reshade is installed. As long as I delete the hooking dll, everything launches just fine. So it's definitely e reshade problem but please, help me to figure it out.
I tried to read some logs, no errors are reported but the logs clearly show a break of 30-90 seconds always around the phase of loading dlls from windows\system32...

• Jkl
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #3 by Jkl Replied by Jkl on topic Reshade hooked games suuuper slow or crash
I figured it out by myself, after several OS installs and cross-testing.

It's proxy server.

My idea on this gaming PC was to cut completely OFF updates (including windows forced) by setting a fake proxy like 192.168.1.1 while my router is on 192.168.2.1.
Well, if this setting is on I have all of the problems above with reshade.
If I turn this setting off reshade start to work flawlessy as it is supposed to be.

I'm a simple and not-so-advanced user, so have absolutely no idea of the reasons, but I'm happy for being able to reproduce and find the reason for my issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brazzjazz

• crosire
More
4 years 9 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade hooked games suuuper slow or crash
ReShade has a built-in update check which runs on startup. It does a simple internet query to ask which version is the most up-to-date one using a standard Windows API call. Looks like that Windows API has a rather large timeout which causes it to take a long time to return if the request fails due to an invalid proxy ...

• Jkl
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #5 by Jkl Replied by Jkl on topic Reshade hooked games suuuper slow or crash
While I thank you for your awesome work, I guess why disabled LAN port makes reshade start immediately as intended, shouldn't it give the same timeout error (please forgive my ignorance)?

• crosire
More
4 years 8 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade hooked games suuuper slow or crash
It sure should, but that is entirely up to Windows. And Windows is weird sometimes.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.