SSF - Sega Saturn Emulator

• stigzler
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by stigzler SSF - Sega Saturn Emulator was created by stigzler
Hi Folks,

Very new to this whole post-processing lark. This app looks great., but a real newbie to its use.

So, I ran this on the Sega Saturn emulator SSF. It appeared to complete successfully, installing lots of different ReShade files in the Emu directory. Get a couple of error-free startup message when run the emulator and game appears to boot into the emu OK (can hear it in the background). BUT I just get a black screen.

As I say - really don't understand how all this works, but wondering whether anyone can advise? I've read somewhere that SSF renders via "quads"(?) rather than triangles - dunno if that's something to do with it?

Also, as a last resort - how do I remove ReShade installation against this emu - now just stuck with a black screen!

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SSF - Sega Saturn Emulator
Setup should have installed some new DLL file to the emulator directory (d3d9.dll, dxgi.dll or opengl32.dll). Removing that one uninstalls ReShade. Now besides this DLL file it should have created a log file, could you upload the content of that one somewhere and link it here?
The following user(s) said Thank You: stigzler

• eisbaer
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by eisbaer Replied by eisbaer on topic SSF - Sega Saturn Emulator
I find that the test version of SSF doesn't have the black screen problem, although it may be less stable to use. So far I've had no issues with it. It's available on the official site (it's the link directly beneath the Ver0.12 beta R4 link)

Also, if you are planning to use the SweetFX CRT shader effect with it, you may want to edit the AdvancedCRT.h file found in Reshade/SweetFX folder and change the following line from:

//float2 Resolution = float2(Input_ratio, Input_ratio);

to

//float2 Resolution = float2(320, 224);

This ensures the scanlines are matched correctly to the Saturn's display resolution for many games (it's not perfect, but close), and generally makes it look more like the shader was intended to look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stigzler

• Neretva
More
4 years 10 months ago #4 by Neretva Replied by Neretva on topic SSF - Sega Saturn Emulator
Is someone still playing retro games, when I said retro I mean for Sega Saturn games? I start playing them a month ago and I fell more relax when I back from work. I download roms and Sega Saturn Emulators and enjoy playing the games and relaxing with it.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.