[SOLVED] Just Cause 2 not working (anymore) on 4.3.0

• EV3RGREEN
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #1 by EV3RGREEN Just Cause 2 not working (anymore) on 4.3.0 was created by EV3RGREEN
Hi everyone! First post here, I'm a long time ReShade user and always managed to either fix issues myself or find answers here.
However, I'm clueless about Just Cause 2.
ReShade used to work before but it doesn't anymore, regardless of the version I tried (From 3.0 to 4.3.0). Here's my specs, then the log.
Win 10 Pro 1809, R5 1600X @4.0Ghz, GTX 1060 6GB EXOC, 2x8 Flare.X 3400Mhz C14, game is on a Crucial M4 128Gb SSD. Driver ver. 436.02.
To note, JC2 has a crashing issue that can be fixed with Nvidia Inspector. "ASYNC10_ENABLE" set to: "0x53850673 OFF - Disable dual core optimizations".
I've tried reverting this, renaming the .dll to d3d9 (CTD)/d3d10 (CTD)/d3d10.1 (CTD)/d3d10_1 (CTD)/d3d11(Game launches, ReShade doesn't show up/dxgi (same as d3d11) to no avail. Tried running as admin/disabling fullscreen optimizations and all compatibility modes From Vista to Win 10, and combinations of all of those.

Here's the log (it always comes out the exact same)
Warning: Spoiler!

This is where I get totally lost, so I'm asking you guys some help. Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Diego0920
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #2 by Diego0920 Replied by Diego0920 on topic Just Cause 2 not working (anymore) on 4.3.0
Mine doesn't either anymore. Reshade stopped working after I played some other games and opened up Steam. Now I see all these STEAMSTART files and the logs.

Other details are that I just finished installing (or downloading) some Windows updates. When trying to get one of the dlls working through ASI loaders I got Reshade error 193 and if I rename dxgi.dll to d3d10.dll the game just crashes.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Diego0920.

• EV3RGREEN
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #3 by EV3RGREEN Replied by EV3RGREEN on topic Just Cause 2 not working (anymore) on 4.3.0
AMD or Nv?

• Diego0920
More
4 years 6 months ago #4 by Diego0920 Replied by Diego0920 on topic Just Cause 2 not working (anymore) on 4.3.0
GTX 1060 3GB Gigabyte, Ryzen 5 1600, 8x2GB 2400MHz and WIndows 10 Pro 1806. Virtually the same specs.

• EV3RGREEN
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #5 by EV3RGREEN Replied by EV3RGREEN on topic Just Cause 2 not working (anymore) on 4.3.0
Give the Nv Inspector Flag I was talking about a spin, it'll let you play - without ReShade - at least. Get Nv Inspector here: github.com/DeadManWalkingTO/NVidiaProfil...eleases/tag/v3.5.0.0 and follow these instructions: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Just_Cause_2#Possible_crash_fix

Has a performance hit, but I can run the game maxed out at 4k without it crashing anytime there's blood decals or every 10 minutes.

• Diego0920
More
4 years 6 months ago #6 by Diego0920 Replied by Diego0920 on topic Just Cause 2 not working (anymore) on 4.3.0
I think it works the same way if you disable Bokeh DoF. I also would add limiting the framerate to 60 using Rivatuner Statistics Server, might help with crashes and fixes the parachute.

• EV3RGREEN
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #7 by EV3RGREEN Replied by EV3RGREEN on topic Just Cause 2 not working (anymore) on 4.3.0
Yeah I've heard the same about GPU Water SImulation. I use Vsync so framerate's capped at 60. The ASYNC10_ENABLE flag fix did work for me tho, without disabling anything. Just a minor perf hit, easily balanced by having the game on a SSD.

I suspect the issue here is Win, not Reshade itself. 4.0.0 used to work perfectly, but Windows updates being Windows updates... Can't think of a fix myself tho.

It seems we have two different cases, although I don't use ASI loaders or mods outside of dropzone stuff, and reverted to full vanilla until I get ReShade working.
Would you mind sharing your log with a dxgi.dll, preferably on a vanilla install if possible? Maybe we can figure some stuff up.

• Diego0920
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #8 by Diego0920 Replied by Diego0920 on topic Just Cause 2 not working (anymore) on 4.3.0
Ok. Not exactly sure what to do next. Hopefully crosire passes by.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Diego0920.

• EV3RGREEN
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #9 by EV3RGREEN Replied by EV3RGREEN on topic Just Cause 2 not working (anymore) on 4.3.0
Yep, I can see some differences between our logs but I can't make head or tails about it. Seems to me like DX10 libraries just don't hook up properly.
But at least having both our logs may help other people and/or Crosire fix the issue in the next releases or whatever. :)

• Diego0920
More
3 years 5 months ago #10 by Diego0920 Replied by Diego0920 on topic Just Cause 2 not working (anymore) on 4.3.0
I totally forgot I had Just Cause 2 installed but I tried 4.8.0 with it and it works now apparently.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.