[SOLVED] Unintended double screenshots with version 4.5.2

• Vreem
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #1 by Vreem Unintended double screenshots with version 4.5.2 was created by Vreem
Somehow 2 exactly the same screenshots are made when I use PrintScrn with version 4.5.2? All the right boxes are ticked, I do not have the ScreenshotIncludePreset option enabled. I press Print Scrn, see the message on top for the screenshot, see that the last digit is going 1 up in an instant and then the message disappears. The ReShade log file shows the same: 2 screenshots after each other.
In the game directory I then indeed have 2 identical screenshots with for example the names xxxx 2019-12-21 15-18-07.png and xxxx 2019-12-21 15-18-08.png
This all was not so in previous versions, only thing was that in version 4.5.1. it didn't work at all: there I used Print Scrn, something happend, ReShade was totally unloaded from the game and the actual screenshot was black
Not a big issue of course but curious on the cause :)
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Vreem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Unintended double screenshots with version 4.5.2
Nothing changed. It just got faster. So you are likely holding down the Print Screen button too long, so that it creates another screenshot, right after the first one has finished.

• Vreem
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #3 by Vreem Replied by Vreem on topic Unintended double screenshots with version 4.5.2
Ahhh, okay that makes sense :) Tried it and indeed.
But maybe that is a bit too fast now? I have to press it at lightning speed (so to speak) to get 1 screenshot. But with normal press, I get 2.
I do have set my keyboard to the shortest repeat delay in Windows settings, maybe that interferes?

• crosire
More
4 years 4 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Unintended double screenshots with version 4.5.2
Mmh, actually, now that I think about it, there was a change: I fixed keys getting stuck after alt-tabbing etc., but forgot that the Print Screen key requires special handling (it doesn't work like all other keys on the keyboard), so did not include it in the fix. So now ReShade resets the state of the Print Screen key again immediately after it was pressed, so that it effectively thinks that the key was newly pressed down every frame (and therefore attempts to create a screenshot every frame). Fixed in github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/c69f77...5512548af96390d6332b .
It should also already work with any other button that is not Print Screen.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.