[SOLVED] Crash with reshade on startup 0xc0000005

• klotim
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #1 by klotim Crash with reshade on startup 0xc0000005 was created by klotim
I have a crash on mount & blade warband with error code 0xc0000005
No d3d9 log available. As soon as i remove the dll it works fine.

Tried starting with and without admin rights.

No riva tuner and such crap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• klotim
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #2 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Crash with reshade on startup 0xc0000005
Solved it!
For people that have issues with this. Although the game says its a dx9 game, it apparently works fine if you rename it from d3d9.dll to dxgi.dll

Depth buffer also works. Looks great with mxao.

• Sinclair
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Sinclair Replied by Sinclair on topic Crash with reshade on startup 0xc0000005
I'm having the very same issue, but changing the filename to dxgi.dll is not helping (the game does launch, but ReShade doesn't start).

I'm using the latest ReShade version (4.5.4). Was it an earlier version that worked? Or some additional step that is needed? Anyone else have it working for Warband right now?
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Sinclair. Reason: added note to specify that my issue is also with Warband, in particular

• Djminecraft1011
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #4 by Djminecraft1011 Replied by Djminecraft1011 on topic Crash with reshade on startup 0xc0000005
Happen to me to with lloftrs and lfd2

• Sinclair
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Sinclair Replied by Sinclair on topic Crash with reshade on startup 0xc0000005
I'll also add that I'm using an AMD card (with 20.3.1 drivers). I noticed that a lot of recent troubleshooting posts involve AMD rigs -- I wonder if that's behind my problem here as well?

But I can still run ReShade in Kingdom Come Deliverance (I think that may be the only other game I have it installed for at the moment) and it works there. That one is using dx10+, though. So whatever trouble I'm having with Mount and Blade Warband may be specific to dx9? (or specific to the game itself? but seems like there are a lot of posts about old dx9 games at the moment).

Maybe it's just time to go back to playing KCD!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.