ReShade doesn't appear on taken screenshots-Vulkan

• Jacob Darka
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #1 by Jacob Darka ReShade doesn't appear on taken screenshots-Vulkan was created by Jacob Darka
Hello,

As I'm saying in the title, when I take a screenshot using steam, bandicam, etc..., the effects of the ReShade doesn't appear on them, as if I disabled the reshade before taking them, I tried taking a screenshot on Red Dead Redemption 2 [Vulkan], The Surge 2, and it's the same issue.

Apparently it's a Vulkan-related issue, because when I switched to DX12 API in RDR2, the reshade appears as usual in the pics, however, a game like The Surge 2 uses Vulkan API only, therefore, the taken screenshots appear as original only.
Note: taking a SS using reshade's built-in screenshot feature, the effects appear normally on the SS, however, I prefer using other methods to take them.

So, how can I fix this issue, and be able to take screenshots with reshade enabled in vulkan-games, like in dx11/dx12-games??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade doesn't appear on taken screenshots-Vulkan
That's just how Vulkan layers work. Either Steam/... layer is before ReShade layer or after it and depending on that it captures ReShade or does not. You would have to change the Vulkan layer order and this is not trivial. But it is entirely normal behavior and not a bug.

• Jacob Darka
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #3 by Jacob Darka Replied by Jacob Darka on topic ReShade doesn't appear on taken screenshots-Vulkan
I understand, "You would have to change the Vulkan layer order and this is not trivial.", how may I change the layer order? or this is a developer-related thing?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.