Can't set or change preset in 4.5.4

• dbl219
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #1 by dbl219 Can't set or change preset in 4.5.4 was created by dbl219
Had this issue with a couple games now, with variations. First off, it seems that for all games for me, ReShade 4.5.4 install crashes when I hit "..." to select a default preset. No problem, I figured, I'll select it in-game. For RE7, I had two presets in the game directory. I tried out one and it worked just fine, but when I tried to select the other, clicking on it gave no response -- the drop down selection menu stayed open and the preset remained highlighted by the cursor but didn't switch. Then I tried it with Alan Wake and I couldn't change from the default preset no matter what I did. I tried changing the default preset path in ReShade.ini but it simply reverted back to gamedir/./DefaultPreset.ini as soon as I opened ReShade in-game. I tried renaming the preset I want to use as DefaultPreset.ini, but I still don't get any active settings. Can anyone help me out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dbl219
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #2 by dbl219 Replied by dbl219 on topic Can't set or change preset in 4.5.4
Never mind, I still don't know why it's crashing during install but I couldn't select the presets because they were incompatible with the latest version. When I chose one that was up to date it worked.

• whitestar
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #3 by whitestar Replied by whitestar on topic Can't set or change preset in 4.5.4
Hi, I had the exact same issue. Reshade would simply crash if I pressed the menu button (three dots: ... ).
Good to know that it's because they are incompatible.

But still, there is a workaround: even if they are incompatible:
I simply didn't click the three dots but instead pasted the name of the preset directly into the text field and hit Enter or Tab, then clicked OK. That way it didn't crash.
Afterwards I checked Reshade.ini and it was registered correctly there.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by whitestar.

• deton244
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #4 by deton244 Replied by deton244 on topic Can't set or change preset in 4.5.4
4.5.3 is free of the issue

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.