Picking default preset causes crash of the installer (since Reshade 4.5.4)

• deton244
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #1 by deton244 Picking default preset causes crash of the installer (since Reshade 4.5.4) was created by deton244
dbl219 already invented workaround - write the name of a preset with extension and press OK, and don't press search "(...)" button.

But I think his problem is a bit different, though whitestar below had the same, so there are more of us:
reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/6268-ca...reset-in-4-5-4#37887

I have a crash on installing newest Reshade when I press (...) to pick default preset. Just it.

I performed some tests and Reshade 4.5.3 is free from the issue.

Game picked to install doesn't matter.

I also checked when the game path was without any spaces, no diacritic marks, when the game had already installed Reshade, and as performing update, and also when it was fresh installation, as DX9, DX10/11/12. No success.

In the very beginning of using 4.5.4 I only picked all shaders, and since then they are picked all the time, so I can't test whether it has any influence on this bug.

I afraid that lot of people might have this bug so the fix will be highly awaited.

Windows 10 x64
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by deton244.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 4 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Picking default preset causes crash of the installer (since Reshade 4.5.4)
This has already been fixed weeks ago (on GitHub). But won't be available until the next release of course.
Really easy to circumvent too: just type something in the text field next to the "..." button so that it is not blank before pressing it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deton244

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.