[SOLVED] Need help for the last steps of building ReShade.

• Solidblade14
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Solidblade14 [SOLVED] Need help for the last steps of building ReShade. was created by Solidblade14
I'm trying to build ReShade in Visual Studio for the first time, following the steps from the README. My end goal is to have a ReShade setup file similar to the official one from the Web site. So far I've cloned the repository and opened the Visual Studio solution. No problems, no errors. I'm at step 3 where I have to "select either the "32-bit" or "64-bit" target platform and build the solution". I'm confused about that part. I see options for Release, Release App, Release Setup, and for each choice I can choose 32 or 64 bit. What exactly am I supposed to do here?
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Solidblade14.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Need help for the last steps of building ReShade.
Depends on what you want to build. "Release" for ReShade DLL, "Release Setup" for the setup tool (requires that you build the DLL first). 32-bit or 64-bit is self explanatory, but only affects the ReShade DLL build.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solidblade14

• Solidblade14
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Solidblade14 Replied by Solidblade14 on topic Need help for the last steps of building ReShade.
Okay. I'm not sure if this is correct, but what I've done is I first chose Release and x64 and built that. Then the version.h file appeared in the res folder and I changed the number next to VERSION_FULL to 4.5.4.0, then I rebuilt the whole thing. Finally, I selected Release Setup and built that. I end up with a ReShade Setup file in the BIN folder. The problem is, when I try to install ReShade with it, I can't select any effects because the list is empty. What did I do wrong?

• crosire
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Need help for the last steps of building ReShade.
You did nothing wrong. The effect repository list is not checked into Git, so only I have that for official builds. ReShade will still install and work normally when you build it yourself though. You just have to download the effects manually.

github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/afd587...2ad989e794f971d0e54c fixes the empty dialog, instead the dialog is skipped entirely now when the repository list is not present.
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solidblade14

• Solidblade14
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Solidblade14 Replied by Solidblade14 on topic Need help for the last steps of building ReShade.
Thank you very much for the help. I got it all working. The reason I wanted to do this is to test the fix for Resident Evil 3, which I did. I'll start a new thread to report my findings.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.