Help! Can't get reshade to work in assetto corsa

More
1 year 23 hours ago #1 by TonyAr
So I've tried just about everything i could find on google to no success so i thought i would ask for help on here. I went through the normal installation which of reshade but when in game i cannot get the reshade menu to show. I tried shift+F2, shift+F10, home and just about every other button combination i could think of. I even added the input lines in the reshade .ini file but still nothing. Went through about 10 installs/uninstalls. I then tried manually installing the .dll which still didnt work. Any help would be very much aprecieated.

Tony.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago - 11 months 4 weeks ago #2 by brazzjazz
Replied by brazzjazz on topic Help! Can't get reshade to work in assetto corsa
When ReShade is loaded, you should at least get a message in the top-left corner, prompting you to press a certain button (it will then say Pos1 per default). Do you get that message? Because if you don't, then ReShade is not even loaded. If it is a multiplayer game you're playing, then maybe that is the reason, because in that case ReShade does not get loaded as a precaution against anti-cheat measures. If that is not the case: did you choose Direct3D 10-12 as the API? The game seems to use Direct3D 11. That should get you a dxgi.dll . Next thing: do you have a dxgi.log ? That should tell you whether ReShade was actually loaded or not.
Last edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by brazzjazz.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #3 by Martigen

brazzjazz wrote: If it is a multiplayer game you're playing, then maybe that is the reason, because in that case ReShade does not get loaded as a precaution against anti-cheat measures.

What? No :) Only the depth buffer access is disabled for online games, which is only used by a handful of shaders (mainly MXAO). Otherwise all shaders can be used just fine in multiplayer games.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #4 by SloMoHAcker
Replied by SloMoHAcker on topic Help! Can't get reshade to work in assetto corsa
I have had the same problem as you, my friend.
I have fixed it by renaming dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll.
I hope this fixes it for you too.