No DoF in Guild Wars 2

• Minale
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by Minale No DoF in Guild Wars 2 was created by Minale
Hello everybody!
I really need some help with DoF in Guild Wars 2, and so far, I haven't found anyone with the same problem as me.

First of all, I know that DoF isn't working properly with all games, especially not with Guild Wars 2, as it's an online game, and I also know that it's so buggy, that it disappears once I move - but I don't care. I really want this for taking beautiful screenshots, and for that, it seems to work well.

I've seen it working for other people in videos, like..
HOW TO SHINY - Tutorial
or..
Guild Wars 2 - Guild Wars 2 - Real Depth of Field shader
so apparently, if you turn it on, it should work to some extent.

I went through all the options and the only thing that happened a few times was that a blurry square appeared in the top left corner of my screen, covering approx. a 6th of it, which disappeared once I moved and didn't come back.

I have everything necessary installed and everything that's also related to ReShade/Mastereffects seems to work properly, besides DoF.

Any ideas, anyone?
Also, if it DOES work ( to the extent it can ) for anyone, could you post your settings so I can try it out?
It would be really, really nice! Tyvm! ♥
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Minale.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic No DoF in Guild Wars 2
Guild Wars 2 is an online game. Depth access and thus DOF is automatically disabled to prevent exploitation, no way around that, sorry. =)

• Minale
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #3 by Minale Replied by Minale on topic No DoF in Guild Wars 2
I know that, but why does it work for others then? Check out the videos! You can clearly see, in the first video, that the interface is also really blurry ( due to DoF ) and the uploader even mentions that she uses ReShade for DoF.
Multiple times I've read that it works with GW2 as long as you don't move, which, as you also said, shouldn't supposed to be working in the first place as it's an online game.. but it does?
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Minale.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic No DoF in Guild Wars 2

Minale wrote: Multiple times I've read that it works with GW2 as long as you don't move, which, as you also said, shouldn't supposed to be working in the first place as it's an online game.. but it does?

Game stops doing network traffic as soon as you stand still which causes ReShade to enable depth access again. Once you start moving, network traffic is restored and ReShade disables it.

• Minale
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by Minale Replied by Minale on topic No DoF in Guild Wars 2
Yes, exactly. So now we know: it's working, as long as you stand still.
However, and that's my problem, it's not working for me, even if I turn it on and I'm standing still, and it seems like nobody else has the same problem.
I already tried pm-ing both video uploaders and asking them for their settings, but no reply so far.
I was just hoping that there was a more common reason, like wrong settings, why it's not working for me, while everything else is.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic No DoF in Guild Wars 2
Alright, sorry for the confusion =).
Anyway, I'm not of much help here, since I do not own that game, nor do I know how they installed it. Hopefully somebody else does know more.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.