Half-life 1 (non-source) games. Need help!

• drv30
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #1 by drv30 Half-life 1 (non-source) games. Need help! was created by drv30
Hello, I want to run reshade on old games based on the original half life 1 engine, e.g. half life 1 (original), day of defeat, counter strike (1.6) and counter strike condition zero deleted scenes.

But the problem is that these games do not appear to have EXEs that I can attach reshade to when I am installing it in opengl mode. I have no idea how to get these games to work. Has anybody figured this out? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Redundanz
More
3 years 11 months ago #2 by Redundanz Replied by Redundanz on topic Half-life 1 (non-source) games. Need help!
This does not work anymore since hl.exe on startup will delete any "opengl32.dll" file inside the game folder to prevent loading external dll based hacks like that.

github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/issues/1379

It seems you *can* circumvent this somehow, at least someone wrote that you can use folder/file permissions to make the file not deletable.
But then you risk getting VAC banned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drv30

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.