[SOLVED] ARMA 3 doesn't launch

• Tike
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by Tike [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch was created by Tike
Whenever I install ReShade and I try to launch the game nothing happens. However the process appears at ~10 MB in the task manager. Tried changing the malloc and the way I launch with no luck. What could cause this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
Another overlay conflicting with ReShade for instance. Check if any other tool hooking into D3D is running =).

• Tike
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by Tike Replied by Tike on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
Could Steam Overlay break things?

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
Nope, Steam is compatible.
How did you call the ReShade DLL?

• nikiforos
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #5 by nikiforos Replied by nikiforos on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
Unfortunately I got the exactly same error. Game will crash on startup.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by nikiforos.

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
Hello, I frequently play around with ReShade in Arma 3 so maybe I can help.

Bohemia doesn't really have good anti-cheat(honestly they don't know how to do it right at all) and they could of possibly; in the latest update broke using ReShade with their game launcher. (this is just speculation, I never use the default methods to launch arma titles since arma 2, mod list control is easier with launchers from the community.)

I personally use this launcher from Armaholic that some guy made, I like it better for the mod-list control.

www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24546

If it's not that make sure your .Dll is called dxgi.dll
That's what it should be (or at least what it's always been for me)

Make sure no other overlays are up, Fps counters and the like and etc.
Steam overlay does work. I use it all the time.

Hopefully you figure it out, Arma 3 really needs ReShade. The stock visuals are absolutely terrible.

• nikiforos
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #7 by nikiforos Replied by nikiforos on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
This is what I get checking after fail startup:

11/05/2015 19:41:30:974 [04736] | WARN | > 'IDXGIFactory::CreateSwapChain' failed with 'DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL'!

Constantine PC wrote:
If it's not that make sure your .Dll is called dxgi.dll
That's what it should be (or at least what it's always been for me)

What do u mean? After the Reshade installation I got one dxgi.DLL in the Arma 3 root directory. Does it matter if it capital letters or not?

Thank you for your help! :)
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by nikiforos.

• steeze
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #8 by steeze Replied by steeze on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
I am also having trouble. I've updated directx, and I don't think that I have messed up while installing it reshade and sweetfx. I'm getting an exit code of 0xC0000005 after immediately crashing to desktop if that helps at all. I'd really like to get this working, I know many others are having this same problem with arma 3. I got the exact same error message in my dxgi.log file as nikiforos did
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by steeze.

• nikiforos
More
8 years 11 months ago #9 by nikiforos Replied by nikiforos on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
Nice to know I'm not alone steeze :)

I tried everything to be honest but with no success :(

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #10 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
Really wish I could help. As I said earlier I use a launcher that doesn't start up the Battle-eye process so it might be conflicting, I don't know. I'd rather not try it though in case Bohemia has blocked injectors (as they did in DayZ).

All I have in my Arma 3 folder is:
ReShade Folder
dxgi.dll
ReShade.FX

I have a preset here that contains working files (at least for me, anyways)
I'm on windows 7 64bit

preset: www.dropbox.com/s/sqexxtomapo4kc3/Arma%2...listic%20V2.zip?dl=0

(maybe it can help you with installation and the proper files. I don't know, I think you guys are installing it right)

make sure you guys are using a more recent Reshade.dll - I used to have crashing issues on start up with older ones (much older ones it was fixed a while ago)

Oh also software that forces triple buffering can cause issues too like d3doverrider (or whatever its called)

I'm only bringing up battle-eye as a possible culprit because about a update ago I saw: "Battle-eye has been moved to it's own process"
And knowing Bohemia that never means anything good.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Constantine PC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steeze

• steeze
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #11 by steeze Replied by steeze on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
Thank you for the reply Constantine PC. I have tried the separate launcher you mentioned, but it just started the official Arma 3 launcher. I will try the preset you have because I also have windows 7 64 bit. It doesn't make sense though that some can get it to work and others can't, I know that it is not just us that are having issues, many others are as well.

Edit: I installed the files you uploaded...It didn't work! :( I just don't get it, we have the same operating system. I'm about to do a clean install but I doubt that would even work
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by steeze.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #12 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
Make sure you have the Windows 7 platform update installed.

• nikiforos
More
8 years 11 months ago #13 by nikiforos Replied by nikiforos on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
No way, I will never install this since I read a lot of issues and BSODs using that.
I have to accept no Reshade for me!

• steeze
More
8 years 11 months ago #14 by steeze Replied by steeze on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
It works! I even thought that the windows service pack version was the only variable left in the equation...but I hate windows so much I had never downloaded a single update ever on this particular windows 7. Anyway, I downloaded both the service pack, and then that specific update that you linked, and reshade works without any problems! Thank you so much, arma definitely looks good!

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #15 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
Glad to hear! =)

And @steeze: That's not a very good idea. These updates are there for a reason and that reason is not to annoy customers, but to fix dangerous security vulnerabilities and add features developers are using in there applications (and you'll run into more issues sooner or later).

• DaWiLd
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #16 by DaWiLd Replied by DaWiLd on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch

steeze wrote: It works! I even thought that the windows service pack version was the only variable left in the equation...but I hate windows so much I had never downloaded a single update ever on this particular windows 7. Anyway, I downloaded both the service pack, and then that specific update that you linked, and reshade works without any problems! Thank you so much, arma definitely looks good!

Can i ask you which preset are you using ? I read everywhere that the preset of Constantine PC is amazing, but i dont know which one is best for performance/quality wise of the colors for reality... The FrameWork or the MER one ? I have tried the Arma 3 Enhanced - 1.5.1 FINAL one but it looks too cartoonish for me... Thanks for your help guys! :)
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by DaWiLd.

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 11 months ago #17 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
Use whatever one you like honestly. If that means it's the 1.5.1 one it's the 1.5.1 one.

I change presets for that game like every day. I'm pretty much always playing around with the settings for something.

Beauty of ReShade/shaders is you can make the game look the way you want personally. You can just use one of mine or someone elses as a template and add more saturation, contrast etc.

That's what I recommend doing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaWiLd

• DaWiLd
More
8 years 11 months ago #18 by DaWiLd Replied by DaWiLd on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch

Constantine PC wrote: Use whatever one you like honestly. If that means it's the 1.5.1 one it's the 1.5.1 one.

I change presets for that game like every day. I'm pretty much always playing around with the settings for something.

Beauty of ReShade/shaders is you can make the game look the way you want personally. You can just use one of mine or someone elses as a template and add more saturation, contrast etc.

That's what I recommend doing.

Is there a huge difference between your 2 preset ? I mean one is MER and the other one is FrameWork ? Is there a huge difference ? Sorry for these questions im pretty noob in this reshading universe:P

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 11 months ago #19 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic [ARMA 3] Game doesn't launch
Yes there is a huge difference.

Use any preset on the database you want and tweak from there. Think of it like a template for you to improve rather than a static modification.
People have different tastes and etc.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.