Reshade wont launch

• andiem5
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #1 by andiem5 Reshade wont launch was created by andiem5
Hello,

I use reshade for sims 4 and after using it for two years it stopped working when I had to uninstall and reinstall origin. I have tried installing different versions of it both to my ts4x64 and ts4 legacy edition and its just not showing up. How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Andie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
3 years 9 months ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Reshade wont launch
There should be a d3d9.dll in the game folder, where the executables are located. When you launch the game, and ReShade gets loaded, it will create a d3d9.ini file with status info. By looking at the date info of the file, you can ascertain when was the last time ReShade was loaded. You can also try renaming the DLLs to something else which sometimes fixes the problem of a game not picking up DLLs. Possible names include dsound.dll, dinput.dll, dinput8.dll. This may also crash the game, though. If all fails, you could also try forcibly loading (injecting) the file through a tool such as ENBInjector.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.