Snowrunner : ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D failed with error code E_INVALIDARG

• Lactic
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #1 by Lactic Snowrunner : ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D failed with error code E_INVALIDARG was created by Lactic
Hi,

In Snowrunner, I can enter main menu and Reshade (latest version and clean install) is running good but when I start a game, snowrunner.exe crashes.

Here is the error in dxgi log :
ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D failed with error code E_INVALIDARG

Complete log below :

Warning: Spoiler!

Any idea about this ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Snowrunner : ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D failed with error code E_INVALIDARG
I can't reproduce this (game runs without crashes for me), so please try this test build of ReShade (replace dxgi.dll in D:\EpicGames\SnowRunner\en_us\Sources\Bin): reshade.me/downloads/SnowRunner_Test_Build.7z . Please post the log if it fails with the same error (it should contain more detailed information now).
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lactic

• Lactic
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #3 by Lactic Replied by Lactic on topic Snowrunner : ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D failed with error code E_INVALIDARG
Thank you for your quick answer but same error unfortunately. Log below :

Warning: Spoiler!

Attached files :
DXDIAG Sysinfos
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Lactic.

• crosire
More
3 years 9 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Snowrunner : ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D failed with error code E_INVALIDARG
That's a game bug. Calling CreateTexture2D without a format as done here is not allowed. Don't know why this happens for you, but it's not something ReShade can fix. Crash is probably unrelated to that though. This build creates a crash dump (exception_XX.dmp in the game directory): reshade.me/downloads/SnowRunner_Test_Build2.7z . If you upload that and the crash is caused by ReShade directly, it could help. If the crash is caused by the game though I'm afraid I can't do much without being able to reproduce it myself.

• Lactic
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #5 by Lactic Replied by Lactic on topic Snowrunner : ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D failed with error code E_INVALIDARG
May your investigation be successful

DXGI log file
dump file

• crosire
More
3 years 9 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Snowrunner : ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D failed with error code E_INVALIDARG
This fixes that particular crash: reshade.me/downloads/SnowRunner_Test_Build3.7z . Can't do anything about the game creating an invalid texture though, so can only hope that that doesn't cause even more issues down the line.

• Lactic
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #7 by Lactic Replied by Lactic on topic Snowrunner : ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D failed with error code E_INVALIDARG
This issue is now fixed thanks to your skills. Man, this was incredibly fast support ;)
Game is now launching perfectly well B)

• tayb420@gmail.com
More
3 years 8 months ago #8 by tayb420@gmail.com Replied by tayb420@gmail.com on topic Snowrunner : ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D failed with error code E_INVALIDARG
Is it possible for you to send me the test build that fixes this issue ? Please and thank you for your time.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.